Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: scared meself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson View Post
    Just in case, I thought I best immortalize this...it's priceless!!
    The irony is that your childish delight in a simple typo once again opens the door for me to say this...

Grow up Scott.

bet a response to me is up next....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    /\ /\ /\ /\ Kat.....lol

Well, I've said all I wanted and needed to say in this thread. I guess he'll eventually stop when everybody else stops. Let him have the last word....my gosh, he put a lot of effort and passion into this thread, into trying to prove something (I lost his intent many pages ago)...he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    I speak of my own free will, that's absolutely correct.

I just call 'em as I see 'em, and WHENEVER I feel 'em.

A prior positive interaction with someone here, does not, necessarily have a connection or control my comments in this thread.

If I happen to agree I may post that, if I don't agree I may post that as well.
    Same here Kat.

They're not all cliques TREK, it's just that sometimes Group A agrees on the same "things", sometimes a few from Group B may agree with Group A, Some from Group C may agree with something said in Group A and B....etc, etc..... There's almost an infinite number of configurations of "groups".

The fact that there appears to be a pretty good number of folks that don't share your opinions in this thread, is just another random collection of members that I'll call a "group", that happen to share the same opinion on this particular topic or comments....that does not make them a clique.
    The problem with your logic is that there is also a random collection of members that DO happen to share my opinion. Just because they choose not to voice that opinion publicly (for good reason) doesn't automatically mean you can assume they don't exist.

And IMHO, Jo and VXObsession could not have summarized it any better!

I happen to be one of those folks Jo has had a few long discussions - face to face - into the wee hours of the morning discussing some very deep differences of opinions on a few topics. Yet because we're both mature adults and respect each other, we very amicably "agreed to disagree" AND MOVED ON! We continue to have a very good friendship both on the forum and by phone and email. In fact, we even still get a few laughs in ABOUT OUR DISAGREEMENTS!
    That's what many people here are trying to get across to you TREK. Just politely agree to disagree and MOVE ON!
    Once again, you're simply (and conveniently) directing your suggestion to the wrong person.

I sold you some stuff because any differences of opinion we may have had or have didn't matter, we rose above it and acted like mature adults.

There's no mob or mafia or clique here thats collaborating and joining forces to "get you" in some manner. That's paranoia.
    Maybe, maybe not. Some of you sure do seem to be "joining forces" in this thread after all.

As many have mentioned, most of us come here and participate for the sole love of the VX. Any further similarities or commonalities of beliefs are pure coincidence whenever a large group of people get together.

When most of us "agree to disagree" on something here and move on, and continue on with our enjoyment of this site, it makes someone who nitpicks, and continues on and on disagreeing about something or some points, it makes that person appear to ENJOY the disharmony and friction it causes.
    Once again, it could be said that you're simply (and conveniently) directing your suggestion to the wrong person/people.

Ever heard the phrase: I learned long ago, never wrestle with a pig. You just get all dirty, and the pig ENJOYS it.

IMHO, you're kinda lookin' like that.
    Well when you put it like THAT, how in the world could anyone EVER say you've made any comments in threads such as this that could be viewed as sowing any of the types of threads of discontent as you've just blamed me nonstop of doing with your post.

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Trekkie my boy, you fracture me...really!! "I know you are but what am I", hilarity beyond words dude... I take it all back, stay off your meds cuz you're much more entertaining when yer straight!
    Vixer Fixer

As someone who isn't part of any clique on this sight I feel like I should respond and say stop being a @#*!...but why?

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    The irony is that your childish delight in a simple typo once again opens the door for me to say this...

Grow up Scott.
    Simple typo or Freudian slip? Hmmmmm... I'm just glad I thought to quote it so it didn't magically disappear!

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    UMMM, Nope. I'd already seen a 50% decrease in oil consumption when I added the catch can. There was still too much consumption for my taste so then I moved on to ensure maximum ventillation by adding the crossover tube or vent on the other side. Another significant decrease but still not enough.

Next I'll try Seafoam or Rotella before the oil change. It has become my personnal vendetta to find the cure (short of an engine rebuild).

& thanks for the kind words. I'm probably now back to the acceptable limit for Isuzu (1 qt every 1000 miles). I was burning a quart every 300 miles.
    So how are you gauging your test results? Do you commute to work & burn through a tank every week? I wonder if one tank per experiment gives an accurate comparison... ? Do you think outside temp has anything to do with it? Like summer versus winter? I never did any tests regarding oil consumption or burn or whatever is going on.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    ... adding a vent filter to your oil cap is the exact same as the crossover tube idea you started this thread about.
    Please 'splain to me how it's not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    So how are you gauging your test results? Do you commute to work & burn through a tank every week? I wonder if one tank per experiment gives an accurate comparison... ? Do you think outside temp has anything to do with it? Like summer versus winter? I never did any tests regarding oil consumption or burn or whatever is going on.
    I burn a tank every 3 days. Sorry but I don't have an accurate measuring system. I was putting a quart in once a week, now I'm putting a quart in every other week or a little longer.

Temps may very well have an impact on oil consumption. Mebbe this summer I'll take it back to OEM & record precise consumption rates as I put it back on one step at a time (assuming that I don't use some Rotella or SeaFoam before my next oil change.

Tom, yer blindin' me with science...http://youtu.be/nMWGXt979yg

Every THREE days!!!??? Holy crap that's a lot of driving! That would be a good test, setting it back to OEM some time just to verify.

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Every THREE days!!!??? Holy crap that's a lot of driving!
    Yep, 45 miles to work ... uphill both ways. It takes anywhere from 1 to 3 hours each way.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Yep, 45 miles to work ... uphill both ways. It takes anywhere from 1 to 3 hours each way.
    Depending on how many wrecks you get in along the way, right?