Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: scared meself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Depending on how many wrecks you get in along the way, right?
    ZAKRY

You almost jinxed me though. This morning some bonehead decided that he really needed to occupy the same space in my lane that I was in. I wussed out though & let them have it (just wasn't in the mood to argue).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Oops. No whammies, no whammies!
    Luckily, you already know where to go when you are in the mood to argue!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

I have no response to that.

Quote Originally Posted by VXobsession View Post
    /\ /\ /\ /\ Kat.....lol

Well, I've said all I wanted and needed to say in this thread. I guess he'll eventually stop when everybody else stops. Let him have the last word....my gosh, he put a lot of effort and passion into this thread, into trying to prove something (I lost his intent many pages ago)...he deserves it.
    And what have you proven, that you think you're contributing to the conversation with your occasional 2 cents even though you admit you don't even know the intent of the conversation?

Since we're discussing things deserved though, let's consider the individual offers of "help" I've received (included your multiple offers in this thread VXObsession) that were presented in the form of shared wisdom: such as pointing out that I'd be saving a lot of time, trouble, and mental energy for myself by simply ending my membership on this website and never coming back, and/or, just dropping any such discussions when it becomes obvious that no progress is being made.

Such examples of wisdom have no doubt proven true, but, only in retrospect.

While those examples of wisdom were probably intended to be viewed as being selfless in nature, and would have as suggested no doubt saved the time, trouble, and mental energy involved being more often than not ultimately wasted, it's only possible to view them that way with the benefit of hindsight. (Which incidentally, only made your comments make even less sense since it's been comments like yours that have ended up proving that my time has been wasted. Oh the irony).

When that wisdom has been based on the apparent idea that simply accepting the attitude I've been referring to would be best for everyone though, is that proposed wisdom actually wisdom, or is it simply an illustration of some having given up trying to make a positive difference just trying to perpetuate such a fatalistic view as the norm? (And in the process, conveniently making themselves appear as the individuals with the "normal" viewpoint).

After all, when such wisdom has been offered, it's been fairly obvious it would be better served if no one took the time to consider the facts that me following such wisdom and limiting my presence here in such ways WOULD ALSO JUST HAPPEN to result in the by-product of some members here not having to be reminded of the past discussions they've participated in where they've exhibited the attitude in question...having to wonder every time they see my user ID on a post on this message board whether they're going to be reminded of those past discussions once again...and saving THOSE members a lot of time, trouble, and mental energy trying to defend their past and current exhibitions of said attitude.

While that would obviously benefit SOME here, it sure doesn't add up to creating an environment that is equitable or progressive for all does it? (Rhetorical question)

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate some of you offering to "help" me save my time and effort for other more productive endeavors, but apparently, what you've apparently been imagining as taking a lot of time, effort and passion for me to respond to your comments in these threads actually only takes me a few minutes each time because this is second nature stuff for me (you're the ones who still don't get it and apparently keep having to actually think about it). Similarly to what you said before though, if you're one who continues to illustrate the attitude I've been discussing regardless of who you are or what you do for a living, I can only imagine how much misguided time, effort, and passion it must take a person to come up with posts that try to make exhibiting or defending the attitude we've been discussing sound logical and/or intended to promote the greater good for all site members. It must be exhausting...

And since you also brought up last words, surely you'll understand that I didn't make these comments because I needed to say them and have the last word, but instead said them because they simply needed to be said...and because you deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson View Post
    Trekkie my boy, you fracture me...really!! "I know you are but what am I", hilarity beyond words dude... I take it all back, stay off your meds cuz you're much more entertaining when yer straight!
    Simple typo or Freudian slip? Hmmmmm... I'm just glad I thought to quote it so it didn't magically disappear!
    You obviously still don't realize it, but you're one of the last people here who should be bringing up Freudian issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Please 'splain to me how it's not.
    I already have...MULTIPLE times.

Sorry ... but nope. You said that it's not the same but didn't 'splain how the end effect would be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    BLAH.BLAH.BLAH.SameOldSameOld.BLAH.BLAH.BLAH.Ridic ulouslyTooLongPostThatNoOneButTrekWillActuallyRead .Blah.Blah.blah.
    *Fixed it*

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    *Fixed it*
    Ha ha ha! 2 cents
    Vehitrails

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    ... And that's why I hate Chihuahuas...
    Vixer Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Sorry ... but nope. You said that it's not the same but didn't 'splain how the end effect would be any different.
    You just keep telling yourself you're right about that Tom...that's obviously what you do best.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    *Fixed it*
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    Ha ha ha! 2 cents
    And some of you guys and girls claim I'M the person here who is close-minded.

... And that's why I hate Chihuahuas...
    Still can't think of any original comebacks by yourself I see.

And I've even been giving you a lot of extra time lately...

Yap,yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, nip, nip, nip, nip, nip...ad nauseam! There Trekkie, hows that for original my little Pom-Chi?

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    And some of you guys and girls claim I'M the person here who is close-minded.
    Closed-minded is the more logical spelling of the phrasal adjective meaning intolerant of others or unreceptive to new ideas. Closed-minded is logical because we wouldn't say of an intolerant person that his mind is close, which would mean literally that his mind is near. Instead, we would say his mind is closed. Some dictionaries do list not open as one of the many adjectival definitions of close, but in actual 21st-century usage close usually gives way to closed for this sense. Still, logic rarely holds sway over English usage or the rantings of you Trekkie.