Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Transfer Case Replacement/Repair Options

Even though the tires are listed as the same size the fact that two of them are almost bald and two are in mid-life that would make them different sizes due to the tread wear on the bald tires. I'm sure if you measured them you would find that they are, in fact, different sizes now. The TOD system is remarkably sensitive to ANY variation in tire size. Maybe try to get four tires of the same size and same wear and see if that helps. I know, I know...I say "just get four tires" like it's cheap and easy to do, but I really think that that will help.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Even though the tires are listed as the same size the fact that two of them are almost bald and two are in mid-life that would make them different sizes due to the tread wear on the bald tires. I'm sure if you measured them you would find that they are, in fact, different sizes now. The TOD system is remarkably sensitive to ANY variation in tire size. Maybe try to get four tires of the same size and same wear and see if that helps. I know, I know...I say "just get four tires" like it's cheap and easy to do, but I really think that that will help.
    X2 - this was an issue when i bought the vx - and im pretty sure the previous owner driving it like that is what led to my transfer case rebuild in the first place