Thread: Followup: Replaced rear links

Followup: Replaced rear links

Finally got my new Stinkyfab 1.5" rear links installed. Took three tries. I couldn't even get the nuts loosened with an air wrench. Took a shop applying heat to get it done, but it's done now.

Here's the old links...pretty obvious why they needed replacing!

Here's the new ones installed:

Still need to find a competent shop for final alignment. Big-O has used all their chances and basically sucks blue canal water for taking a day and a half to do a 2, maybe 3 hour job, and STILL making me wait at 5:45 pm because my VX "was just next in line for the alignment rack" even though I brough it in at 7:55 that morning because they didn't get to it the day before and I would be "first in line" to be done. Bite me Big-O.

Going to call Hi-Country 4x4 to see if they can do it....

Other than the alignment still being off it sure rides tight now....feels great...unless I just got done driving my 370Z. Then the VX feels like a drunk hippo on ice....

I love my indy4x rear lowers. I am not sure how the rear lowers would stiffen your suspension? Half the time I do a mod, I think my "differences" are psychological or just me wishing Like my injen intake all of a sudden turned it into a full blown rally car Then, the flowmaster 40 turned it into a monster truck!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

The suspension doesn't feel stiffer...by tight I meant it's not wandering around at the back end as much. Still not pointed straight down the road, but I'm working on that part!

I know its a bit of a drive but Stans Alignment and Brakes on E. Colfax has always done a great job for me.
    --Dave

You mentioned him before. At this point I'll take quality over distance any time. I'll set something up tomorrow if I have time. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by twalker920 View Post
    The suspension doesn't feel stiffer...by tight I meant it's not wandering around at the back end as much. Still not pointed straight down the road, but I'm working on that part!
    Gotcha, that makes more sense. I had to take mine to a few shops before I could find someone willing to do the rear alignment and shim the front. Local mom and pop, less than 2 blocks from my house. I should have known when I saw the big Jeeps the employees drive, that they would be down to align the VX. They are a cool group of guys if you want to make the drive to Newport News, VA...lol.