Thread: Rotella Trials

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You can also try to replace your PCV with an oil catch can. Opinions are varied on it's effectiveness but I've been running one on the Amigo for a year now and seem to burn less oil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

It's weird. When I first bought mine i only had to add about a 1/4 every fill up so... 250 miles. I've owned it for a just a little over a year and has progressively gotten worse. To the point of I almost want to get rid of it. randomly though it won't use any. Such as I checked it monday and had to add a 1/2qt. Then it went down about a 1/4 from the full like on the dip stick (didn't add any oil) and it stayed there the next two days, then thursday I had to add a 1/3 of a qt and then 1/4qt this morning. My driving distance or style didn't change at all though. I'd love to take a road trip in it, but scared to lol. Now if I could put in an oil level sensor in the pan and then a fill tube in the glove box so I can fill it while driving... I'd be okay lol.

Imho

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEON View Post
    It's weird. When I first bought mine i only had to add about a 1/4 every fill up so... 250 miles. I've owned it for a just a little over a year and has progressively gotten worse. To the point of I almost want to get rid of it. randomly though it won't use any. Such as I checked it monday and had to add a 1/2qt. Then it went down about a 1/4 from the full like on the dip stick (didn't add any oil) and it stayed there the next two days, then thursday I had to add a 1/3 of a qt and then 1/4qt this morning. My driving distance or style didn't change at all though. I'd love to take a road trip in it, but scared to lol. Now if I could put in an oil level sensor in the pan and then a fill tube in the glove box so I can fill it while driving... I'd be okay lol.
    Find and fix the leak this is way more than the typical oil burning.
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt