Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: MOAB 'ZuZoo VXI - May 2014: 5/12/14 - 5/16/14

My version of Glamping

That may change this year though. I'm thinking of getting a bungee cot. Especially since I'm still using my air mattress as my bed at home lol.
    --Dave

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    Just the 'WTF' value of 20 or so VX's convoying to a trail.....
    .....makes it all worth while IMO.

Still makes me tingle after all these years

Jo
    Yup... seeing all the VXes rolling around town, or gathered for a trail run is a HUGE thrill and one of the best parts about Moab in May.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

We're only two weeks out now (SUPER excited) so has anyone come up with a good Moab VX XV window sticker yet? Where's Kenny when you need him?
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

I was starting to wonder about stickers as well since I haven't seen a thread for them yet.

OK, so I missed the boat on booking at Red Rock... obviously I'm still coming, but where is the next best place to get a spot? Since I won't be at Red Rock, I guess I would prefer something more upscale, BUT being closer to the crew is more important to me than the room I'm sleeping in.

What's the next best place I should try?
    ---------

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    One of my co-workers was in Moab this past weekend and stayed at a place that could take the place of the Red Rocks if it ever came to that. It's called "glamping" and it looks like it would be a lot of fun. I wonder if they would give us a good rate if we rented out the whole thing.

http://www.moabundercanvas.com/index.html

I agree with Sue... very very nice... but a bit pricey. Very nice though..

Tons of choices...this one is walking distance from Red Rock
    http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwest...ertyCode=45067
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo View Post
    OK, so I missed the boat on booking at Red Rock... obviously I'm still coming, but where is the next best place to get a spot? Since I won't be at Red Rock, I guess I would prefer something more upscale, BUT being closer to the crew is more important to me than the room I'm sleeping in.

What's the next best place I should try?
    It looks like I'm going to miss this year,so my room at Red Rock should be available later this week...sucks...Room 108 ps unless I hit the lotto
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Grrr...changing plans...again

My buddy Joe can't come, so no RV for me. So now I need a place to stay. Same question as tysamigo....

Where should I stay? It'll be just me and my trusty steed.

Scott, sucks that you aren't going to make it. Just won't be the same without you.....and Biscuit. Hope to see you again next year.

Tom and Ty, there are quite a few hotels/motels in Moab. The town really is t that big so you'll be close to the Red Rocks no matter where you bed down. Maybe try The Apache? http://www.apachemotelinmoab.com This location has been thrown around as a possible replacement for the Red Rocks if it ever closes. There's also the Best Western that Big Swede mentioned. There's a La Quinta in town and I stayed at a motel on the end of town my first year in Moab called The Silver Sage Inn. It ain't pretty, but it's cheap.

http://www.lazylizardhostel.com/groups.php Get a group together and rent an entire house.

I can't believe I'll be hitting the road in just over a week. Where did the time go - I feel so unprepared! Jay & I are trying to figure out if our schedules work out so we can caravan. It will kinda suck if that doesn't work out when our starting points are only 15-20 miles apart!

OK, so my room situation has been resolved. Someone in the group is not going and privately offered me their room. I currently can't say who it is since they want to be able to announce this themselves...but nontheless my room is resolved.

The room I have has been booked for longer than I will be at Moab.

I will be at Moab MONDAY , TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY...leaving thursday morning/afternoon (I think).

The remaining time... I'm not sure what will happen, but I will talk with the person who offered me the room and work it out...

Just wanted to update you guys...

I"M GETTING EXCITED!!!!!!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo View Post
    OK, so my room situation has been resolved. Someone in the group is not going and privately offered me their room. I currently can't say who it is since they want to be able to announce this themselves...but nontheless my room is resolved.

The room I have has been booked for longer than I will be at Moab.

I will be at Moab MONDAY , TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY...leaving thursday morning/afternoon (I think).

The remaining time... I'm not sure what will happen, but I will talk with the person who offered me the room and work it out...

Just wanted to update you guys...

I"M GETTING EXCITED!!!!!!
    Tyler made it sound way more mysterious than it really is....

Unfortunately it's me.....
    I've waited and waited to see how the "mom drama" in my life was playing out.......and as of yesterday I finally know....I have to take care of several "mom" matters pertaining to selling her house that are date specific and that dang date pretty much overlaps with Moab

IF....IF I can swing it, I may be able to scoot out to Moab on Monday 5/11and stay for a night (maybe 2). It would be GREAT for my sanity to hang with the fam!!!
    (Hey Ty, can we share those queen beds? )

Dave has to take care of our crew of furry children (and one scally one ! I got a baby beardie last month!! ) so we don't go broke on pet $itting.

So....my Red Rock reservation goes Sunday 5/11 through Friday night 5/16, checking out Sunday 5/17.

Tyler will be checking out Thursday 5/15.

That leaves SUNDAY NIGHT 5/11 AND THURSDAY 5/15 and FRIDAY 5/16 night available if someone needs/wants to take those reservations on room #124.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I canceled my reservation on wednesday on my way to the airport so they should have another room available. Wish I was able to make it and see everyone but a month in Italy was too good to pass up. See everyone next year!!!!
    Make it yours, but make it classy........ unless theres zombies.........thats when the gun rack goes in.