Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: MOAB 'ZuZoo VXI - May 2014: 5/12/14 - 5/16/14

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX View Post
    I guess if missing Stoop time HAS to happen... ending up on tropical islands is an OK reason.
    yes Gil that is an excellent reason!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

OK, so I'm DEFINITELY coming this year...my first year. I've NEVER been off-road... well not like the kind out there at Moab. Since my VX is a show car, obviously I can't take her off road... or can I? I wouldn't mind taking off road where there won't be a single scratch on her, like on the easiest trail or something, but I'm not even sure if that exists. On another note however... I definitely want to go OFF ROAD with someone else and see the VX do some CRAAAAZY stuff!!!!, but since I don't know anyone.... and both the guys local to me are likely not going... I'm not sure who I can ride with...

Ultimately, my ideal trip would be to go out, meet everyone, go off-roading, and then maybe a couple days camping waaaaaaaaaaay out in no mans land and come home...

Just throwing this out there
    ---------

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo View Post
    OK, so I'm DEFINITELY coming this year...my first year. I've NEVER been off-road... well not like the kind out there at Moab. Since my VX is a show car, obviously I can't take her off road... or can I? I wouldn't mind taking off road where there won't be a single scratch on her, like on the easiest trail or something, but I'm not even sure if that exists. On another note however... I definitely want to go OFF ROAD with someone else and see the VX do some CRAAAAZY stuff!!!!, but since I don't know anyone.... and both the guys local to me are likely not going... I'm not sure who I can ride with...

Ultimately, my ideal trip would be to go out, meet everyone, go off-roading, and then maybe a couple days camping waaaaaaaaaaay out in no mans land and come home...

Sounds like a good plan! I'm sure you can ride with just about anyone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Absolutely!

Show off your mint VX at the Stoop, and then ride along with someone else on the trails. If you want guarantees of ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE... Do not take it off road. Period.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

I'm with you. I will go on an easy trail, but I cant risk my daily driver.

I am actually pretty close to you. I live in West Chester, Oh. When are you heading out and when do you plan to return. Perhaps there is a convoy possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    I'm with you. I will go on an easy trail, but I cant risk my daily driver.
    Don't get me wrong... Fins & Things, Hell's Revenge, and many other trails can be done safely by a stock VehiCROSS. I've been to Moab 7 times, and my VX has suffered more just from living in Chicago. I'm just saying that you ARE going to bump and scrape bits if you go wheelin'. The ONLY way to avoid any kind of blemish from going off road is to stay on it.

Looks like a hoot!

You gonna go Sue? I didnt see you RSVP yet.

If you're looking for easy and scenic check out Hoorah Pass!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Looks cool!

UUUGGGHHH!!!!! I dont know if im going to be able to make it this year :'(
    Me and the fam are possibly heading to Italy in april/may. Im getting this pulling feeling like I dont want to go to Italy because ill be missing out on seeing my other family.
    Make it yours, but make it classy........ unless theres zombies.........thats when the gun rack goes in.

WOOOOOOW you all !!!! That view is freaking AWESOME... ARE YOU KIDDIN ME????

OH MAN...I love nature and that view is juuuuust breathtaking. WOW...

So I DEFINITELY am going off road with someone lol, and the longer off road, the better for me... I've never been, I love outdoors, and I love VX's and have NEVER seen more than 2 in the same place at the same time. I've also never been around more than 2 or 3 VX enthusiasts at the same time. So this trip is going to blooooooow my mind I'm sure

Yea, an easy trail would be a great idea just to get everyone together and have some awesome pics together... I'd like to stay for a few days, make it a little vacation for me. I also LOVE camping and have ALL the gear... and have always thought about taking the VX off road, out in the cut into no mans land (or at least far enough away from technology that you don't see the "city lights") and camping for a day or 2. Does anyone do that? I know about getting a room, and I probably will for the first night, but the next couple of days I would like to go camping, out in the cut.

Getting excited about going...

Yeah, the views are just breathtaking, can see now how it draws so many of us back year after year, from far and near!

I'd never seen more than 2 VXs together, so when we get these things lined up, I just go picture crazy! On the distant pic, I dropped back and waited until the line up was far enough away that I could get them and the rock formations in the same pic, it's sooooo much fun to see a line up of VXs.....which sadly I will not be part of this year, but I'll still enjoy seeing it and snappin' pics!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

The only thing that could make it even better....would be to have the VX02 there

hey wait a sec... Could the VX02 make it through the obstacles just the same as a stock vx? I know the rear is empty, but other than that, is it basically a stock vx... or even better with some "extras" that would make it better off road than stock?

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    IMO...

The only thing that could make it even better....would be to have the VX02 there

hey wait a sec... Could the VX02 make it through the obstacles just the same as a stock vx? I know the rear is empty, but other than that, is it basically a stock vx... or even better with some "extras" that would make it better off road than stock?
    ....the VX02 would fall apart.

The hidden 'structure' holding the back together ....
    ....would barely survive California potholes!!!

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm hoping this year it might be possible to follow Stefan down from Alberta.