Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: MOAB 'ZuZoo VXI - May 2014: 5/12/14 - 5/16/14

WOOOOOOW you all !!!! That view is freaking AWESOME... ARE YOU KIDDIN ME????

OH MAN...I love nature and that view is juuuuust breathtaking. WOW...

So I DEFINITELY am going off road with someone lol, and the longer off road, the better for me... I've never been, I love outdoors, and I love VX's and have NEVER seen more than 2 in the same place at the same time. I've also never been around more than 2 or 3 VX enthusiasts at the same time. So this trip is going to blooooooow my mind I'm sure

Yea, an easy trail would be a great idea just to get everyone together and have some awesome pics together... I'd like to stay for a few days, make it a little vacation for me. I also LOVE camping and have ALL the gear... and have always thought about taking the VX off road, out in the cut into no mans land (or at least far enough away from technology that you don't see the "city lights") and camping for a day or 2. Does anyone do that? I know about getting a room, and I probably will for the first night, but the next couple of days I would like to go camping, out in the cut.

Getting excited about going...
    ---------

Ty

Yeah, the views are just breathtaking, can see now how it draws so many of us back year after year, from far and near!

I'd never seen more than 2 VXs together, so when we get these things lined up, I just go picture crazy! On the distant pic, I dropped back and waited until the line up was far enough away that I could get them and the rock formations in the same pic, it's sooooo much fun to see a line up of VXs.....which sadly I will not be part of this year, but I'll still enjoy seeing it and snappin' pics!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

The only thing that could make it even better....would be to have the VX02 there

hey wait a sec... Could the VX02 make it through the obstacles just the same as a stock vx? I know the rear is empty, but other than that, is it basically a stock vx... or even better with some "extras" that would make it better off road than stock?

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo View Post
    The only thing that could make it even better....would be to have the VX02 there

hey wait a sec... Could the VX02 make it through the obstacles just the same as a stock vx? I know the rear is empty, but other than that, is it basically a stock vx... or even better with some "extras" that would make it better off road than stock?
    ....the VX02 would fall apart.

The hidden 'structure' holding the back together ....
    ....would barely survive California potholes!!!

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'91 Trooper. ('86 Trooper II, under constuction)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    Ya might also confirm they are actually gonna be there....
    ....he still hasnt let me know FOR SURE!
    I spoke with Andy tonight. He said, not only are they there for another season but, a change in management has allowed them to start upgrading some of the rooms with new carpet, paint and the like.

BTW......

We-are-Booked!
    Room 103 May 10TH-15th

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Sweet....

Quote Originally Posted by Donner View Post
    I spoke with Andy tonight. He said, not only are they there for another season but, a change in management has allowed them to start upgrading some of the rooms with new carpet, paint and the like.
    .... but I kind have a thing about my well worn carpet!!!

jo

IMO...the VX02 would fall apart.

The hidden 'structure' holding the back together ....
    ....would barely survive California potholes!!!
    jo
    Really??? Oh man .... that is such a let down. I love the look of it (although the interior is still "dated" to me)... it's a shame...I had no idea

What about the VX04 or the XU-1... do you know if they were "real" or not? I've always wanted to know...

On a side note, I've always dreamed and dreamed about having the same exact doors on my vx that the XU-1 has... I've even went as far as looking into the cost... and of course I decided not to. Way to much involved.

Moab Calendar

I was just thinking... has anyone thought about ALSO doing a Moab Calendar OR some other type of Memorbilia using pics from Moab? I would love to have something like that to hang on my wall and at my desk

I'm hoping this year it might be possible to follow Stefan down from Alberta.

I didnt examine the VX04 too closely...

Really??? Oh man .... that is such a let down. I love the look of it (although the interior is still "dated" to me)... it's a shame...I had no idea

What about the VX04 or the XU-1... do you know if they were "real" or not? I've always wanted to know...

On a side note, I've always dreamed and dreamed about having the same exact doors on my vx that the XU-1 has... I've even went as far as looking into the cost... and of course I decided not to. Way to much involved.
    ....was more interested in checking out the VX02!

But, the quick look I did give the VX04 would suggest its more structurally stable...
    ....maybe someone looked closer than I did..and can comment.

The VX02 is basically held together under the back cover , by a very flimsy
    'web' of square tube. (There are pics somewhere on here!)

As for the XU-1...never seen it..but like it

There are a couple of owners that have modified their doors in a similar way to the XU-1..
    ....... either Russian or Japanese..or both!.. IIRC.

jo

There used to be a "Family Friendly" VX calendar...

I was just thinking... has anyone thought about ALSO doing a Moab Calendar OR some other type of Memorbilia using pics from Moab? I would love to have something like that to hang on my wall and at my desk
    ....that always featured several Moab Shots.

It seemed to fall by the wayside when I started doing the "Pin Up' calendar.

I've always wanted to do a Moab "Pin Up/Glam" pictorial for the calendar I do...

...but getting models to Moab is cost prohibitive.

I looked at doing this a couple of years ago, with models from SLC or Denver...
    ..... it would of added $15 to the cost of every calendar I do

Jo

There used to be a "Family Friendly" VX calendar...

....that always featured several Moab Shots.

It seemed to fall by the wayside when I started doing the "Pin Up' calendar.

I've always wanted to do a Moab "Pin Up/Glam" pictorial for the calendar I do...

...but getting models to Moab is cost prohibitive.

I looked at doing this a couple of years ago, with models from SLC or Denver...
    ..... it would of added $15 to the cost of every calendar I do
    Jo.
    I was thinking of maybe Moab pics with just US.. and the VX in some crazy situations lol... no models necessary ... Did it fall to the wayside because of lack of interest or you just got to busy? I'd definitely be interested. I can't hang the current calendar at work... and I LOVE showing people about the VX. I would buy one. Even if it weren't a calendar and it was just a collage or something...

My friend Shannon and I have known each other since Middle School and are very close (friends only). We've goofed around with taking pics with a lot of the cars I've owned in the past and I've asked here recently if her and her sister (similar build) would do some photo shoots with my VX when its finished and they both said yes. Her sister's husband is a professional photographer (very good VERY good)... and I'm going to pay him to do some photo shoots with Shannon and her sister with my VX. I was thinking of submitting a couple so that one of them could possibly go into a future calender I doubt I could get them to travel... they are both married with kids...but they've already said yes to taking some pics with my VX this summer...here's a pic of us a couple years ago.

Jo if it ever gets into a go mode I have a ton (9 years worth) of pics...the past few trips better quality than the rest. I am sure Sue,and others have a ton also. I know I would donate any I have (for a credit )
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

I wasnt the one doing the original Calendar...

I was thinking of maybe Moab pics with just US.. and the VX in some crazy situations lol... no models necessary ... Did it fall to the wayside because of lack of interest or you just got to busy? I'd definitely be interested. I can't hang the current calendar at work... and I LOVE showing people about the VX. I would buy one. Even if it weren't a calendar and it was just a collage or something...

My friend Shannon and I have known each other since Middle School and are very close (friends only). We've goofed around with taking pics with a lot of the cars I've owned in the past and I've asked here recently if her and her sister (similar build) would do some photo shoots with my VX when its finished and they both said yes. Her sister's husband is a professional photographer (very good VERY good)... and I'm going to pay him to do some photo shoots with Shannon and her sister with my VX. I was thinking of submitting a couple so that one of them could possibly go into a future calender I doubt I could get them to travel... they are both married with kids...but they've already said yes to taking some pics with my VX this summer...here's a pic of us a couple years ago.

....I simply offered some "Pin Up" style 'Garage Glam' shots for it.

They were very well received, but not thought 'suitable' for a general calendar, which I fully understand...

....so the following year I offered a complete "Pin Up" calendar.

Not sure why the other one wasnt produced.

As for the models/pics you plan for your VX....

...by all means send some to me for consideration

( And any one else too!!)

Over the past couple of years many here have stepped up to help...
    ....and frankly thats what keeps it going.

Its by NO MEANS a money maker...!!...and is pretty time consuming too.

Any net profit after expenses gets sent to Scott to help with this sites running costs....
    ...and those that shoot/ model or loan their vehicles enjoy seeing their efforts in print ,
    and get back page "credits" for their portfolios.....or just plain old bragging rights!

jo

I'm really not sure I have the time Billy..

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Jo if it ever gets into a go mode I have a ton (9 years worth) of pics...the past few trips better quality than the rest. I am sure Sue,and others have a ton also. I know I would donate any I have (for a credit )
    ....frankly the pics for a general calendar would be the easy part, obviously I have tons,
    as do you and many others who always willing offer them.

Its the formatting/layout'ing/artworking'ing/print ready'ing/ordering/billing/collecting/mailing etc etc...

....that takes the time!

Lets see how busy I am come Aug/Sept time.......
    ....or somebody else might want to resurrect it if demand is there.

Jo