Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: MOAB 'ZuZoo VXI - May 2014: 5/12/14 - 5/16/14

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    FWIW, I think getting a better paying job is a GREAT idea. Unfortunately, teachers in general, are WAY under compensated for the amount of work, care, blood, sweat, & tears that they they put put forth to do their job well.
    As the husband of a teacher...AMEN Brother Larry!
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Awlright Lil' Sister, Imma hold'n ya to that statement next spring...

And, FWIW, I think getting a better paying job is a GREAT idea. Unfortunately, teachers in general, are WAY under compensated for the amount of work, care, blood, sweat, & tears that they they put put forth to do their job well.

IMO, the profession is losing one of the greats! ..
    Yup... The best way to keep quality people is to treat them with respect, and pay them what they are worth. More often than not, teachers get neither...
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX View Post
    Yup... The best way to keep quality people is to treat them with respect, and pay them what they are worth. More often than not, teachers get neither...
    I agree, and what I pay in school tax on my property tax is INSANE, where does all that money go???? What is C thinking of doing instead of teaching??
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Lisa, around here they build new schools while they are closing others...go figure! Then they cry that the district has no money for raises and "have to" lay off teachers.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

CeCe are you leaving teaching completely?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Yay, I finally got around to making my reservation at The Lodge tonight!

Hopefully I'll feel confident enough to take the VX. Poor ol' thing has become a little "incontinent" lately and I have a couple new leakies on the garage floor. Oh well, if it's something serious, I'll just drive the Mustang and mooch a passenger seat from someone. (EDIT: Or just hang out drinking and laughing on the stoop. Either sounds good for the soul.)
    Last edited by RickOKC : 03/18/2014 at 08:43 PM

Soo...Joe's 5th wheel has a broken axle, and considering how much out of the country travel he's been doing for his work, he may not get it fixed in time for...well, anything this year. Which means I'm now a maybe for Moab, and bummed. I guess I'd better look in to rooms, but I'm assuming the Lodge is full now? I also plan to take a two week vacation in August (England via Iceland - my first trip out of country in 7 years), and I haven't told work I'd also like a week in May for this too. I still also have a slight alignment issue with my VX (from Spring Creek last year!) and I need to do something about the overheating that VXorado and Bartman pointed out was really pretty bad (the hood and fenders too hot to touch bad). I'm just not sure I'm going to have time to get to these things, I got promoted and work and for some reason they expect even more out of me now!

I will not be attending Moab this year. I was going to try and squeeze it in however with Oldest son about to go through drivers ed and having to find him a car Moab is going to have to wait.

I will sorely miss you all. Kinda bummed as this is the first time I have missed 2 years back to back.
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    BOOOOO....

Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post
    I will not be attending Moab this year. I was going to try and squeeze it in however with Oldest son about to go through drivers ed and having to find him a car Moab is going to have to wait.

I will sorely miss you all. Kinda bummed as this is the first time I have missed 2 years back to back.
    ...but family first

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Go to MOAB, wait for the first Jeep to roll down the hill without driver, and take that one...
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    Yay, I finally got around to making my reservation at The Lodge tonight!

Hopefully I'll feel confident enough to take the VX. Poor ol' thing has become a little "incontinent" lately and I have a couple new leakies on the garage floor. Oh well, if it's something serious, I'll just drive the Mustang and mooch a passenger seat from someone. (EDIT: Or just hang out drinking and laughing on the stoop. Either sounds good for the soul.)

At least there is SOME good news in this thread...

Ya' know that ther'll be MULTIPLE choices for shotgun...choose wisely..... .. ...

Quote Originally Posted by twalker920 View Post
    Soo...Joe's 5th wheel has a broken axle, and considering how much out of the country travel he's been doing for his work, he may not get it fixed in time for...well, anything this year. Which means I'm now a maybe for Moab, and bummed. I guess I'd better look in to rooms, but I'm assuming the Lodge is full now? I also plan to take a two week vacation in August (England via Iceland - my first trip out of country in 7 years), and I haven't told work I'd also like a week in May for this too. I still also have a slight alignment issue with my VX (from Spring Creek last year!) and I need to do something about the overheating that VXorado and Bartman pointed out was really pretty bad (the hood and fenders too hot to touch bad). I'm just not sure I'm going to have time to get to these things, I got promoted and work and for some reason they expect even more out of me now!

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    BOOOOO....

...but family first

jo
    And tha rest'yall...

And that INCLUDES the previous posters, who I'm sorry to say, have posted negativity upon the possibility of being there this year...

I feel very sad for some of you...you p1zz'd tha opportunity to meet me in Moab this year...down yer leg.......

But I'm feeling MOAR sorry for myself...missing that opportunity.

AND, the fact that I'll be missing the rest of those who have become my VX Fam... through years of trail camaraderie, stoop debauchery, & the flavor of the general "goin's on" that surround this yearly pilgrimage, that you each bring to the table...

HOWEVER....fear not, I happen to know that no matter what I bring with me as a conveyance, or who's there, or what the weather may bring...

Imma go to Moab, and have FUN anyway...

Oh....Robert, I can't think of much, that'll flesh out a young bucks skill behind the wheel of a vehicle.....

Than some off road skinny pedal experience...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wink I almost forgot...

The original reason I was peep'n on this thread, was to include this for the old trail hands, & noobs alike...trail etiquette 101...with regard to "pit stops"

Nothing says drunken post like those last two!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Thumbs up

At least there is SOME good news in this thread...

HOWEVER....fear not, I happen to know that no matter what I bring with me as a conveyance, or who's there, or what the weather may bring...

Imma go to Moab, and have FUN anyway...
    x2
    Here! Here!

The original reason I was peep'n on this thread, was to include this for the old trail hands, & noobs alike...trail etiquette 101...with regard to "pit stops"