Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: MOAB 'ZuZoo VXI - May 2014: 5/12/14 - 5/16/14

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    At least there is SOME good news in this thread...

Ya' know that ther'll be MULTIPLE choices for shotgun...choose wisely..... .. ...
    Ha ha! I'm not worried.

No matter what I know I'll have a great time. I could do NO off-roading at all and just hang out at The Stoop and have a blast.

I could be a passenger with some people and spend a few days repeating, "OH CRAP, OH CRAP, I'M GOING TO DIE!!!" and have a great time.

Other rides would leave me sitting in the back seat thinking, "When is flight attendant coming back around with more crackers/caviar/wine" and have a great time.

I've saids it before and I'll says it again - the FUN is the hanging out with the people in the group more than the actual activity!

(Let's all hug now, ok?)

Hey Gang, please help me out with my final-planning decision... I cannot take a full week off for this 'Zoo. I will be bringing the soon-to-be-inherited CJ-7 I've been wheeling for 14 years & I'm still trying to talk my dad into coming along. SOO what days are my peeps (you know who you are) going to be around? I'm leaning toward taking off a half day for a Moab afternoon arrival on Wednesday, the 14th, & then coming home Saturday, the 17th. I could also show up Saturday, the 10th, & leave for home on that Wednesday... thoughts?
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    May 10th... through morning (ish!) of May 18th for me.

So avoiding you will be impossible

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have kind of the same question as Zues...

I can only be there for about 3 days. Which 3 days will the most folks be there?
    ---------

Ty

Ty - typically the VX Run has occurred on Tuesday so you may take that into consideration. Makes me wonder if a VX Run trail has been planned, officiated, & scheduled yet - anybody?

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Ty - typically the VX Run has occurred on Tuesday so you may take that into consideration. Makes me wonder if a VX Run trail has been planned, officiated, & scheduled yet - anybody?
    We sort of axed the officially planned VX run last year due to the group being so large and slow. If I remember correctly, we split into a couple smaller groups and it went really well.

I'll be in Moab Sunday through Friday, it would be great to wheel with you and your dad again Justin.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Hey Gang, please help me out with my final-planning decision... I cannot take a full week off for this 'Zoo. I will be bringing the soon-to-be-inherited CJ-7 I've been wheeling for 14 years & I'm still trying to talk my dad into coming along. SOO what days are my peeps (you know who you are) going to be around? I'm leaning toward taking off a half day for a Moab afternoon arrival on Wednesday, the 14th, & then coming home Saturday, the 17th. I could also show up Saturday, the 10th, & leave for home on that Wednesday... thoughts?
    Justin.......I thought you knew I wasn't coming? ;-)
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    We sort of axed the officially planned VX run last year due to the group being so large and slow. If I remember correctly, we split into a couple smaller groups and it went really well.

I'll be in Moab Sunday through Friday, it would be great to wheel with you and your dad again Justin.
    Heck ya! Sucks to hear about the VX Run... there should at least be a scheduled "get all the VX's in one spot for a" pic (says the guy with no VX).

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    Justin.......I thought you knew I wasn't coming? ;-)
    Aww man, I guess that means Greg is out too. I'm just gonna have to cancel my trip then... again. And here the whole time, I thought the 3 of us were sharing that room!

I'm getting kind of excited. Just a few weeks to Moab and the crew. I hope the VXers will not shun a non-VX, non-Isuzu entrant. I changed from six lug nuts per wheel to five for this year.

Craig, I will be sporting 5 lugs also!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I changed from six lug nuts per wheel to five for this year.
    Craig, I will be sporting 5 lugs also!
    You "5 nutterz" are like some sort of plague....but tha disease of happiness that you bring to tha campfyre, make it MORE than worth the revulsion we (tha 6 nutterz) feel when your vehicles are within beer can throwing distance of "real truckz"...

I'm getting kind of excited. Just a few weeks to Moab and the crew. I hope the VXers will not shun a non-VX, non-Isuzu entrant. I changed from six lug nuts per wheel to five for this year.
    What, got rid of the FJ already?
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

I couldn't see out of it. Didn't know where the trail was. It's hard to show off your prowess when you're really not sure where you are exactly. I joined a 4wd club here in Boise that's mostly jeep oriented. After struggling on a few trails with that group, it became obvious to me that a stock Rubicon was far superior to my modified FJ. Ain't no fool. Done what I had to.

Looks like I wont be making the trip this year
    The family and I are heading to Italy for the month. I wish I was able to see everyone and Ill be missing you all.

so if anyone is looking for a room at the RR Resort, let me know and we can transfer my reservation.
    Make it yours, but make it classy........ unless theres zombies.........thats when the gun rack goes in.

I couldn't see out of it. Didn't know where the trail was. It's hard to show off your prowess when you're really not sure where you are exactly. I joined a 4wd club here in Boise that's mostly jeep oriented. After struggling on a few trails with that group, it became obvious to me that a stock Rubicon was far superior to my modified FJ. Ain't no fool. Done what I had to.
    Yeah that's the biggest problem with the FJ IMO...but I don't fit in a Wrangler very well, especially not with a stick. I could probably drive an auto.