Thread: MOAB 'ZuZoo VXI - May 2014: 5/12/14 - 5/16/14

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I use my VX as my daily driver, and try to keep it in as good a shape as possible, but I have been to Moab 8 or 9 times now, and like Gill said; I get more "damage" just driving it around every day. Like others have said, there are some easy trails out in Moab and it's always amazing to see what these little things are capable of. As I've said before, and others will attest to I'm sure, I tend to drive like a little old lady going to church on Sunday when I go off road. Off-roading is not a hobby for me and Moab is the only time that my VX sees any kind of serious off-roading (other than dirt roads around Colorado). There is ALWAYS the possibility of some minor scrapes doing ANY trail in Moab, even the dirt roads, but the thrill of doing some of these "obstacles" and getting to hang out with a bunch of people who share the same passion that I have is well worth it.

If you're keeping the VX as a "show car" then I wouldn't even drive it on the road because it could get rock chips in the paint, dirt and mud on the undercarriage and some crazy teenager who is doing more texting than driving could plow into you. I am planning on taking it a little easy this year (yeah, I say that every year) and I've been looking over the trails for something that is relatively easy with some nice views. Anyone is welcome to come along and we can discuss trails further at The Stoop.

Can't wait to see both of you, and everyone else, real soon.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    I use my VX as my daily driver, and try to keep it in as good a shape as possible, but I have been to Moab 8 or 9 times now, and like Gill said; I get more "damage" just driving it around every day. Like others have said, there are some easy trails out in Moab and it's always amazing to see what these little things are capable of. As I've said before, and others will attest to I'm sure, I tend to drive like a little old lady going to church on Sunday when I go off road. Off-roading is not a hobby for me and Moab is the only time that my VX sees any kind of serious off-roading (other than dirt roads around Colorado). There is ALWAYS the possibility of some minor scrapes doing ANY trail in Moab, even the dirt roads, but the thrill of doing some of these "obstacles" and getting to hang out with a bunch of people who share the same passion that I have is well worth it.

If you're keeping the VX as a "show car" then I wouldn't even drive it on the road because it could get rock chips in the paint, dirt and mud on the undercarriage and some crazy teenager who is doing more texting than driving could plow into you. I am planning on taking it a little easy this year (yeah, I say that every year) and I've been looking over the trails for something that is relatively easy with some nice views. Anyone is welcome to come along and we can discuss trails further at The Stoop.

Can't wait to see both of you, and everyone else, real soon.
    Thanks! Can't wait.