Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
VT_MAVERICK COMING DOWN IT -CAN'T RECALL IF HE SCRAPPED OR NOT
I didn't scrape any of my cladding on either of the two trails I did. But I'm running 1.5" coil spacers and a slight TB crank, plus tires that are 1" taller. I did scrape my front tow hooks (I have the down-facing Trooper ones with the rope clips) and my Kilby plates a few times but nothing serious. Can't recall whether I hit the gas tank plate but I don't think so. And I'm almost positive that I didn't hit the sliders or diff guard.

That said there was discussion after last year to the effect that some of the trails are deteriorating and are somewhat rougher than in previous years when many of them were deemed "just fine" for stock VX's. My recommendation to a stock VX'er looking for a little cheap insurance would be to pick up a set of Trooper plates at a local junkyard and spend $35 on a pair of 1.5" Daystar spacers. You (or your friend - thanks again Billy) can attach the plates, install the spacers, and crank the torsion bars in your driveway. Taller tires are good too, but those might be more $$$ than some are willing to spend on top of the journey.