Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: collector license plates

ANUSTART? LMAO!

It still makes me smile when I remember a beat up old pickup with DOZENS of religious bumper stickers plastered all over the tailgate. The tag was "H8N S8N."

I know this isn't quite it the spirit of a vanity plate but I saw something today that I thought was really cool. Someone cut down various plates from various states from top to bottom so each number/letter was on on thin strip. It was put them together and framed as a decoration to spell out "58VETTE". COOL!

I got my letter from Isuzu USA last week. I sent it in with the application for collector plates about a week ago. Frknstn was taken, so just getting one off the pile. This could take 4 weeks. So I got second temporary tag yesterday. The first temp tag expired a couple of weeks ago. I was working too much to drive it. Man does it feel good to be behind that dodge steering wheel again.
    Vehitrails

What was the cost in Ohio for such a plate?

And would you mind posting the contact info for the Isuzu Motors corporate office you sent your letter to? (or just send me a PM)

This would definitely be a cool customization for a VX.

$63 for the first year. $58 after that. $10 more than a regular plate. It's $50 more a year if you want to personalize it. Isuzu motors corporate offices USA is 1400 S. Douglas rd. Suit 100 Anaheim, California, 92806. No phone #, you have to write them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    I got my letter from Isuzu USA last week. I sent it in with the application for collector plates about a week ago. Frknstn was taken, so just getting one off the pile. This could take 4 weeks. So I got second temporary tag yesterday. The first temp tag expired a couple of weeks ago. I was working too much to drive it. Man does it feel good to be behind that dodge steering wheel again.
    What was the nature of the letter? I'd love to get collector's plates for our VX.

I got my letter from Isuzu USA last week. I sent it in with the application for collector plates about a week ago.
    Can you scan the letter & post it?

That'd prolly be good to keep in your hip pocket in case of an accident (my insurance company totalled the VX due to a smooched fender & hood ... good thing I was too AR to let it die though & put her back on the road). Collector status could swing the value in favor of repair over total loss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

$63 for the first year. $58 after that. $10 more than a regular plate. It's $50 more a year if you want to personalize it. Isuzu motors corporate offices USA is 1400 S. Douglas rd. Suit 100 Anaheim, California, 92806. No phone #, you have to write them.
    i have the number for the parts dept in the anaheim location if that helps - maybe they can transfer the call or answer some questions

1-714-935-9300

i got it from the guys at borg warner when i was looking for the ever elusive transfer case seals

Quote Originally Posted by vp277 View Post
    What was the nature of the letter? I'd love to get collector's plates for our VX.
    I asked them to give me the total produced on Isuzu letter head. If they couldn't, to give me the total imported. That is what Ohio BMV asked for. They gave me the number imported.

Does California have this? What does it look like? Can you post a copy of the letter so we can use it too so we don't have to write Isuzu?
    Call me a geek, or maybe even nerd, but face the facts, we da ones be rulin' this world!

Tom4bren & Baldwin I will go to the library this weekend and try to scan the Isuzu letter. My computer is broke, I need a new one. I will try to post it this weekend. Good thing I made A copy before I sent it in.

I just PM'd you my mailing address. If you send me a xerox copy of the letter, I'll scan it & post it for you.