Happy holidays everyone!

Been a huge fan of the VehiCROSS since I first saw it at a ripe old age of 8. By chance a tiny used car dealer 5 miles from me got one in last week. It's a 1999 in Victory White, 100k miles, red/black interior, clean title, clean Carfax. Looks to be in great shape for the most part. The u-joints are rusted pretty decently but the body seems to be in good condition, and the interior looks like it wasn't abused too badly at all. Didn't get a chance to look at the engine as it was pouring (rain = good luck, right?), but I'd say overall it's a solid 7 or 8 out of 10.

I've been reading as much as I can on the forum here but there's only so much digging into the archive my brain can withstand (spent the last few months attempting to figure out all the problems my Avalanche has), so figured I'd join and post here.

Have a few questions before I scoop this VX up:

- The dealer has absolutely no idea what the thing is and is asking $5200. I could probably grab it for $4500. Craigslist and Autotrader searches haven't been helpful; prices look like they're all over the place. This sound like a fair price?

- Are there any telltale things to look for to identify possible significant problems? I've read about the engine failures but those sound like they come out of absolutely nowhere. Any big-time red flags?

Thanks in advance, everyone! Here's a picture of the VX in question (and hopefully in my future)