Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More bad VX luck

More bad VX luck

Well, we all know that I lost one VX as it was totalled in a head on collision with a drunk driver 2 years ago. Well, last night I ran her into a conrete underpass. A total stupid human mistake. Not paying attention and boom. Thank god she isnt totalled, but damages will run in excess of $5k, I am sure. The entire front driver side is good and crumpled. Hood, fender, front cladding, fender cladding, door cladding, and control link system, are pretty much GONE. It sapped the wheel and tore the tire to shreds. Many other things are pretty much worm food now.

In all, I don't think my VX will forgive me. I beat my baby down pretty bad. The insurance company is working with me very well on this SO FAR and she goes into a shop for estimate and repairs Monday, so I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. In the meantime, I have to settle for a Jeep Cherokee. I guess after what I did to my baby, I deserve to drive a Jeep for a while.

Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Nooooo!!! I feel for ya, man...hope you're back on the road soon.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Are you okay through all that?
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Sorry to hear about what happened, but I'm glad to see you are ok. Things (including VXes) can be fixed and/or replaced; you cannot my friend. Stay safe!
    -=JAG!

Unhappy

DANG! Sorry to hear of yet another unfortunate incident with a fellow VXer. I guess (no matter how WE feel about them) they are just vehicles, and aren't nearly as important as those that drive them, but I do dread these posts. Glad YOU are O.K. and I hope your VehiCROSS returns good-as-new!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Safe Vehicle

First and foremost, I am so glad that you are physically OK! As others have said, you WILL get your VX fixed, but you may not have been as lucky had some of YOUR "parts" gotten crumpled. But now, on to the VX-lover part of me: after reading that you totalled one two years ago and crumpled one yesterday, I couldn't help but cheer a little inside that the VX seems to be a "safe" vehicle. I mean, if you totalled your first one and lived to talk about it, can we assume the safety features and design of the vehicle are such that it protects it's occupants as best it can? And again last night, you did a bit of damage to the VX, but are here talking about it the next day, so all in all, if you have to be unfortunate enough to have an accident, is the VX the vehicle to do it in? I've never been able to find much info or research on the "safety ratings" of a VX, but your post sounds like a good testimonial to me. Some people have asked me what the "safety rating" on my new vehicle is, and I'm always embarrassed to have to tell them that I honestly don't know. Maybe I'll (with your permission) use your story as living proof that they seem to protect the driver fairly well!

I'm feeling very sad for you today in how you must feel about seeing your baby crumpled. I have NEVER felt this way about a vehicle before, but last night when my husband and I were driving it through some really congested traffic areas (he was driving) I was a nervous wreck in that someone would ding, scratch, or dent my baby! I have never felt that protective and worried about a vehicle before - it was really odd! For the first time I wasn't worried about the human safety in that lousy traffic mess, I was worried about somone hurting my VX! And when we got home, I wiped down the interior real quick to make sure there weren't any smudges or fingerprints from the fries hubby had eaten while driving! Help me - I've become a fanatic about a vehicle!!!!!
    Sue

Sue, you should see the pics of the totalled VX he used to have. He was in a head-on with a drunk driver in a Honda Civic with a combined impact speed of about 90 mph, I believe. Then to know he only had a shattered foot... it is amazing!
    My wife's mother was killed by a drunk driver. Fortunately for WormGod, the drunk driver lost this one.

Found a pic...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/da...talled-med.jpg
    Last edited by Heraclid : 11/16/2003 at 07:59 AM

Gary has even better pics on his website:

http://wormgod.8m.com/crunch.html

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Holy Sh*t!

Oh my GOD! I don't know which I want to do first . . . cry or throw up. Looking at those pix really stirred up a lot of emotion. I can only imagine what it does to Gary to look back at those. I think it's a great testimonial, though, of the safety of being in a VX in a head on collision. Anyone know how the driver of the Civic made out? I'm imaging not too well.
    Sue

Sue, the other driver died on impact. All details aside, a drunk driver taking on an SUV in a head on is never gonna end well.

I just snapped some shots of my VX out front. Flatbed picks her up tomorrow so the insurance adjuster and do his job. Keeping my fingers crossed for as few high numbers as possible.

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about your VX......Hopefully she'll be good as new!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Unhappy

Wow, sorry to see that but glad you're relatively okay. Damage doesn't look as if it's going to set the VX back too badly. I know there's a lot underneath, but fortunately the frame is very resilient. Here's to a speedy recovery!

And remember... CONCRETE BAD!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Very nice VX - even looks nice with a black eye.

ouchy

but it doesnt look too bad on the outside, a little duct tape, a couple more lights, and shes good as new

seriously, glad to hear your ok.

was tempted not to post on this, only becuase i didnt want to get jinxed, i get a bit paranoid about that stuff, but figured, family has to stick to gether and ill take the hit if need be

MAN THAT SUCKS... glad your aok... poor VX.

Good luck Gary.

-Dave