Thread: A Great Car Testing Ground

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

A Great Car Testing Ground

Here in Southern California there is a common belief that if you can race your car through all the obstacles that make up the Pasadena Freeway-the first freeway built in California, and manage the death defying onramps and offramps and slalom-like curves you indeed are a good driver and have a worthy car. The VX excels here!

Notice the 5 MPH sign for the next exit offramp.

Here is a typical onramp...notice the stop sign and then there you go!

Onramp and Offramp back to back (this pic was taken in the 60's however the ramps are still the same today...

Just a bit of California folk-lore. ;Dr;
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

After they test the crazy driving of California, they should come up to Alaska and try to drive the Alaska Highway. If you can drive the AK highway, you can drive it all!! I drove the VX up during a snowstorm with 4-6" of fresh snow the entire way, and had no problems except for those damn big rigs halling *** the other way and blinding the hell out of you. If you got stuck behind one you pretty much just hop in the other lane, floor it and hope that no one is going to hit you head on! ;eekr;

And oh I remember this bridge, holy crap was it covered in ice when I went over it!!

But there is really cool scenery the entire way, if your driving in daylight.

I remember this road looked like a lake and I couldn't tell if I was on the road, or lake, or? It was all snow drift and completely flat.
    Last edited by AlaskaVX : 11/17/2003 at 05:05 PM
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......