I just got back from Moab yesterday - I stayed at the Red Rock Lodge, or better known here as "The Stoop". They have remodeled a bit! New bedding, new paint, new roof, new TV's, & new exterior lighting... they even started tearing down the back fence yesterday. Still, the room I was in was the only room occupied - we had the whole place all to ourselves. Well, while checking out I talked to the manager for a few minutes. I asked why they were doing all this work if they were just going to get shut down next year anyway. Here is what he told me...

"They have been threatening us with that for years! The truth is we are under new management & we think we can keep this place going for a while if we step it up. The problem is we usually break even or even lose a little money every month."

He mentioned to me that Red Rock Lodge is rated so low online compared to other lodging in the area. I asked what would be the best way to help out & he mentioned that "Trip Advisor" is where input is having the most impact. Basically, it seems they need a bunch of great reviews on Trip Advisor in order to increase their reputation. This should help them get more frequent business & keep them "out of the red" on a monthly basis. More business means that the powers-that-be will allow them to operate longer. Currently, the Lodge is rated #24 of 29 in Moab...

So if you would, please take the time to write a good review or just give them a good rating so that we may continue having our Stoop Parties!

Trip_Advisor_Red_Rock

Thanks!!