Hello Everyone! My first post!
So I have been dealing with this problem for the past couple of weeks and I did a search on the forum and what I found was that it might be my ignition coil packs and spark plugs. So I ordered new coil packs and changed those out along with the spark plugs, but to no avail.
Symptoms: When I start the engine, the RPMs go straight up to 3,000 and then after about 10 secs they drop to 2,000 then 1,000 then it sputters and shuts off. At that time, the engine light turns on and the battery light turns on. If I try and put it in gear, the engine remains at a high RPM and it tries to move forward on its own. So I can not drive it anywhere to check out the engine code. However, the guy down the street told me that the engine code says misfire and that is all the information he gave me. He wanted to do the work for me and charge me some money, but I wanted to try to fix it myself - so he got mad and old me to go away lol. I say that because I will not be able to use his engine code machine anymore.
Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for any help that you all provide!