Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Help with paint design

The process is really easy, just rough up the cladding, paint first with a adhesion promoter, prime and paint.

I have had my cladding painted since day one, back in 2001, and have had no problem at all.

Stop worrying, and just get it done, it takes the VX to a whole different level. Painted cladding is probably the most impressive mod I've done.

Rickster

Originally posted by Rickster
    Stop worrying, and just get it done, it takes the VX to a whole different level. Painted cladding is probably the most impressive mod I've done.
    So what color should I get my cladding painted?

The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

red or black. Red might look really good or?
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

I like my cladding unpainted. Shiny would ruin everything. That and the way I treat it, paint wouldn't be shiny for long anyway.

-Daver
    -Daver

Paint 'em black to match

All I know is that, I love those wheels. If you ever want to sell them contact me?

He's got the nicesttttttt VX boyyyy.....My favorite one, especially in person....

I'm with Daver, there is something about the GLOSSY clading that just doesn't look right, besides I love not having to worry about PARKING LOT dings or scratches. to each his own
    It's the love child of a Hummer & SLK, uniquely rugged & SLeeK

I think I would go with charcoal metallic, just enough to accesnt the VX

Maybe do a reverse, Kaiser silver Cladding, black VX

Rickster
    www.soundjamz.com

Dam Cyrk you're good at that, nice eye candy but my astrial silver has never looked so plain I've always wondered what a "PANEL" (without rear side windows) VX would look like.

Originally posted by Rickster

Rickster
    Rickster - I'm not worrying - I just want to make sure it is done right. The first shop I took it to said "No Way - it will peel/chip because of the oils in the molds" That's why I asked if you had that problem and how it was done. I want to paint mine, just trying to decide the color and justify the $$ since I don'e have a "sponsor" (you don't have an extra one in the wings do you??)

No, but I can check to see what kind of special deal they would cut for fellow VX'ers.

If it is done properly, the paint adheres to the plastic, just like paint adheres to metal.

All newer cars have plastic painted bumpers, the adhesion promoter removes oils and contaminates, and opens the pores in the plastic for a solid bond.

Rickster

I think all the painted cladding and Line-X'd cladding is really cool. I always wanted a cool paint job for mine, too, but so far that hasn't happened. It wouldn't include the cladding though.

Can't wait to see the results of Rickster's new paint job. Cyrk's protos were very cool.

-Daver

Bantan, go for either silver or the closest color to chrome. Your ride is super as is, but can you imagine that it might possibly look better!? If not just leave it as is, for it is out of sight just the way it is....Bruce

Originally posted by Sheik-YurBooty
    Bantan, go for either silver or the closest color to chrome. Your ride is super as is, but can you imagine that it might possibly look better!? If not just leave it as is, for it is out of sight just the way it is....Bruce
    Bruce, I will take this into consideration