I think my VX knows that MOAB is coming in 2 months and I will have to drive it 3k miles. The EGR valve was sticking open and causing a bad idle so I replaced that ( pricey, but easy). Now, after no lift or big offroad trips, I happen to realize that my CVboot is torn on the passenger side. ARGH!!! Darn you murphey's law! I noticed it when doing a brief undercarriage inspection. No noises yet so I think I just need to replace the boot. I have done my fair share of searching, and I think my game plan will be as follows. Please give me advice or course corrections where necessary. Thank you thank you....

Outer passenger boot is torn, inners and driver side seem fine. So I plan on following the instructions laid out HERE by Mr. JohnnyApollo and using the pictures and applicable notes from the pdf that was created by The Triathlete HERE.

I plan to purchase the 4 boot kit from independent 4x4 HERE

I then plan to replace both inners and both outers before going to MOAB.

Here are my questions in addition to the overall "is this a good plan" question...

1. Should I just replace the broken boot, or is it a good idea to go ahead and preemptively replace all of them?

2. Are the mechtech boots the best way to go?

3. Should I avoid driving the VX at all until I repair the problem?

4. I am assuming when the indy4x4 site says 4 boot kit, it means 2 inners and 2 outers....Correct??

5. What am I missing?

Thanks for all your help. Consider this a time saver so I dont have to bug people for help at the stoop in 2 months.