Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for VX-experienced mechanics in Colorado??

Quote Originally Posted by bartmanS4 View Post
    You could try and talk this guy down to a reasonable price and replace the engine.
    http://denver.craigslist.org/aos/4382600972.html
    I saw that one, and was certainly considering it. From what I could tell so far, a replacement engine looks to run about $3k... Does that seem to be in line with other people's experiences?

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmitten View Post
    I saw that one, and was certainly considering it. From what I could tell so far, a replacement engine looks to run about $3k... Does that seem to be in line with other people's experiences?
    Good information here from a member over on the Western slope:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ighlight=vicki
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

1999 Ebony Black (Runs great/Looks a lil less than great... but getting there!)
    EDIT - Deletion in place for PM to member
    Last edited by sindarin : 03/26/2014 at 07:20 AM Reason: Deletion in place for PM to member

That Dragon Green is on Ebay with a starting bid of $3,995...if you could get it for $4K it would be a good deal perhaps...

There is a new Dragon Green down in the Springs at McCloskey's with only 79K miles. Be warned they have it listed for over $12K.
    Last edited by Mile High VX : 03/27/2014 at 11:27 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    That Dragon Green is on Ebay with a starting bid of $3,995...if you could get it for $4K it would be a good deal perhaps...

There is a new Dragon Green down in the Springs at McCloskey's with only 79K miles. Be warned they have it listed for over $12K.

Thanks for the heads-up on those I saw the relisted Dragon on ebay... I think it has more miles on it than I really want to go with right now (even with the 30K less on the motor). And unless McClosky's got in a 2nd VX with less than 80K miles, I think that Dragon is the same one that I called on a few weeks ago that they said they had decided not to sell because it had 'serious mechanical issues' that they were unwilling/unable to fix. Then again, they also said it was 'very light green, almost silver' on the phone, which was slightly confusing...

But regardless, I think I may have found 'the one'! I have been talking with arcobarco about his Ebony, and we are working on setting up a meeting so I can check it out in person. I have a good feeling about it

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Big on this one....

But regardless, I think I may have found 'the one'! I have been talking with arcobarco about his Ebony, and we are working on setting up a meeting so I can check it out in person. I have a good feeling about it
    Many here know Jerry and know this VX .. and his love of VX's in general!

This is a GREAT one... so I hope it all works out.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Update on the maintenance I had done yesterday. The shop is
    Famous Auto Crafters
    1950 W Union Ave
    Englewood, CO 80110
    303-386-6272

It is a small unassuming shop in a automotive business park. Anthony is the experienced Isuzu tech and has owned a few VXs himself. I spoke with him quite a bit and he is definitely one of us. I'm very happy with the work he did and have no reservations recommending them. He did some extra stuff for me such as lube all the grease fittings, paint my rear rotors, and replaced a missing lug nut at no charge. Thumbs up!
    There's no 'I' in denial.

I wish I lived closer I'd take advantage of that in a heartbeat. My experience has been the only mechanic I trust completely is myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post

Famous Auto Crafters
    1950 W Union Ave
    Englewood, CO 80110
    303-386-6272

It is a small unassuming shop in a automotive business park. Anthony is the experienced Isuzu tech and has owned a few VXs himself. I spoke with him quite a bit and he is definitely one of us. I'm very happy with the work he did and have no reservations recommending them. He did some extra stuff for me such as lube all the grease fittings, paint my rear rotors, and replaced a missing lug nut at no charge. Thumbs up!
    That's great to hear! Thanks for the update and recommendation! I have already been in contact with Anthony a few times to get quotes on some different work, and definitely got the impression that he has A LOT of experience with these cars. I am totally OK with making the small trip down to Denver for a good mechanic.

Famous Auto Crafters
    1950 W Union Ave
    Englewood, CO 80110
    303-386-6272

It is a small unassuming shop in a automotive business park. Anthony is the experienced Isuzu tech and has owned a few VXs himself. Thumbs up!
    I went by here today to see about a timing belt change quote...Anthony is the mechanic that rebuilt all of the VXs for Richard Payne at Detail Driven Autos in Fort Collins. He knows his stuff and loves the VX.

He gave me a fair quote for the work, which I'll get to in the next few months.

Was great to see a familiar face and he is certainly able to take care of the needs of our VXers in the Denver area.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO RICHARD PAYNE?

(Old timers will appreciate the ALL CAPS post.)
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Yep, definitely the one at Stan's.

And I actually called on the one at McClosky's, and they said they weren't going to offer it for sale after all because it had 'mechanical issues that they could not fix'. Said they were going to unload it (which I assume means send it to auction).

I'm rather interested in a few that are out of state (and are for sale by other forum members here). Just got to figure out if it is within my budget/schedule to buy out of state and roadtrip it back!
    This one's down to $5,995...drop it another $3K and it might be worth it...

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Update on Colorado VX mechanic Anthony.
    I spoke with him today and he said he couldn't make the money work with the shop he was working at so he has went off on his own. He does great work and guarantees his repairs. He said I could post his number and email here so here it is:
    7 two 0-579-one67two - text or message
    LnLdesignCo at GMail.com

I'm finally going to get my VX to him today to replace the axle seal I damaged in Moab this year.

Late to the party

Hey guys...I have used Walker Transmissions (no relation or interest whatsoever) twice now for major VX work. They have seen mine a couple times, and two others a few times.

I had a transmission inspection and fluid change when I bought it, and then I had them do my timing belt/water pump. They were great on both, good prices, nice people, and look forward to seeing my truck for many years to come.

They are up on 54thish and Kipling.

Sounds like your guy is doing good work though Bartman! Still bummed I missed Moab. BUT! I leave for Iceland and England this Saturday for two weeks!

Sadly the VX can't come...it would rock those glaciers...especially with as hot as mine runs

I wish you the best of luck. I'm currently going through a nightmare with my VX cause 02 sensor and EVAP sensor refuse to read Ready even though i replaced the 02 sensors. No one in central texas will even touch it. I'm at the end of my rope and have driven the car over a total of 2,000 miles since I've owned it. Buying my VX even though it's a great car, looks great, drives great. But at the end of the day it won't inspect. And auto part stores maybe if your lucky will carry the part you need. This was the worst decision I've ever made with buying a vehicle.