Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
One can take a class on tire sutures?! Cool! At least you know you are taking a risk & have tried to plan accordingly. I took the risk & planned haphazardly! More power to ya if you can keep air in your tires thru some trail repair...

I took my stock Trailblazer off the beaten path yesterday. A mild trail can still be a challenge when you have minimal ground clearance & small street tires. I know the desire to beef up parts & customize so if you want all that stuff, go for it, absolutely, but if you were tempted because you think your VX perhaps needs it, in my opinion, for what it sounds like you are doing, it doesn't. What do I know tho!?

Are you working in AZ for a while or something? Exploring while you are in the area?
Trail breakdown 101 or something like that at Overland Expo in Scottsdale. I spend my winters in AZ because my job is seasonal.

I agree mild trails can be difficult at times, I go out I never go alone

I don't really want to beef anything up so I think I may leave much of it alone for long highway travel (planning on driving the East Coast next winter stay tuned)
I was under it today and I can say everything looks in ship shape minus some small drips from the transmission (very small) and cracking shock bushings.

I think at 80K I will do routine maintenance and drive till something breaks so brake pads, shocks, tires, serpentine belt, recharge ac (there is some gurgling) and carry extra parts just like last time.

I want an ARB fridge soon, lightweight sliders, front skid to round out my front bumper, and that steering stabilizer seems like it could work out great on gravel roads, and those locking hubs to see if it really does save any on highways.

I will update my build thread as I add things. They will be shipped to AZ to pick up in September after I make cash this summer.