Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Custom Made Hood Scoop

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012
    SPAZZ,
    Did you remove the stock electric fan and replace with a 12" or are you manually switching the stock fan? Or, did you replace the stock clutch fan with a 12" electric as a 'Puller'?

My efforts for a thick radiator have hit some bumps. The builder split with the deposit. His brother, with a real radiator shop, has sent a stock unit as a model to a custom shop in Az. If it comes to pass, it will have a 2600 cfm puller fan in place of the stock clutch fan. Still waiting.
    Roy

Thumbs up

Spazz,
    What model fan did you use. Post some pics of where and how you mounted it. Did you have to modify anything or was it basically a "bolt in"?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

if im not wrong most the forward facing intake vents on japanese cars were for the intercooler...i know this is true for the WRX, STi, RX-7 TurboII...etc...and on american muscle....they were for intake for the carberator(something like tat),i have no idea wats it for on teh SS....and teh reverse vent...like on EVOs were design to bring the air from the front and up over the engine block and out...im not sure how effective it is to have the vents try to cool down teh engine seeing how engine placement and stuff wasnt design to have colder air pass over it......the vents might just be more of a cosmetic thing..but on the other hand if u make a intake on the left side right on top of the intake...tat might help get more cold air into the intake...
    ________
    Vaporgenie Review
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 02:21 PM

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    The reason behind my idea is based on the K.I.S.S. principle. All that would need to be done is lift one end of the whole insert about 2-1/2" and fill in the gaps on the sides, add a filler under the scoop to deter water and debris entry and provide attachment points. Not trying to reinvent the wheel here, or anything fancy, just simple and effective. The individual could easily make their own underhood baffle plate to direct airflow where they want it.

Post hey

hey SGT.BATGUANO

if you can make that custom hood insert i'll buy it if you can make it bigger like the rear facing picture just a little bit taller like RICKSTER VX and make it in carbon fiber

if you do this i'll buy it no question ask if you can give me a call at 609-989-9005

thanks

alex

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    Sorry King,

I'm just the messenger. I was hoping it might attract the interest of one of our 'glas layin' artisans, because it could be done as a hood or just the insert and shouldn't be too hard to fab the insert version (it's basically a wedge-shaped insert spacer).