Thread: Outside plastic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stoner Trim Shine works great. But you have to use it after every wash to keep things looking good.

Bart

so many choices, so many reviews and so many dissatisfied customers. I have tried many, NON have lasted any time at all. Restore was hot, wish I could get that crap off.

Be the first here on the VX forum to try out the new Mothers product (so I don't have to be) to see if its any good. It's called 'Back to Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner'. Suppose to be good stuff I guess. You follow up with a trim sealer like back to black or your favorite.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    so many choices, so many reviews and so many dissatisfied customers. I have tried many, NON have lasted any time at all. Restore was hot, wish I could get that crap off.

Be the first here on the VX forum to try out the new Mothers product (so I don't have to be) to see if its any good. It's called 'Back to Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner'. Suppose to be good stuff I guess. You follow up with a trim sealer like back to black or your favorite.
    I"ve used this product and it works well. It's a cleaner and not a dressing. Get a bigger brush and follow the directions.

I followed it up with a spray-on Meguiars restoration product and have been well pleased with the results but it's not going to last more than a few months at best.

I'm waiting for someone to try the Forever Black product and give a review.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

I tried bondo forever black. It was super streaky on my VX. Looked awesome in color and texture and it lasted at least 8 months before it finally started to fade.

It worked amazingly on the trim on my Saab, nice and smooth too but for some reason it did not like the vx cladding and was very streaky.

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Cladding

Used two products successfully.

I used Forever Black which was a very glossy black but you have to put it on in single layers, if you wipe a still wet area it will streak. Let it dry in between coats. Lasted a few years but will come off with road scouring.

I then used Krylon Plastic Black spray paint with excellent results just not as glossy. It has lasted for a few years also.

I constantly have people thinking it is a new vehicle.
    Last edited by disasterlady : 06/04/2014 at 11:24 PM Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by disasterlady View Post
    I then used Krylon Plastic Black spray paint with excellent results just not as glossy. It has lasted for a few years also.

I constantly have people thinking it is a new vehicle.
    Was that just the off the shelf rattle can variety, or did you have to have it professionally sprayed on and baked.

I noticed my cladding being a little dirty the other day, and just used what was available. I still had a partial bottle of the Turtle Wax Ice stuff, and just made a couple of rounds to put on a fresh coat. It looks good for now anyway.