Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
Worth a try. My only hesitation with the Apache is the residential neighborhood...I suspect we're not going to be able to party into the wee hours outside like we did at the RRL...but that might be the case anywhere else. It would be cool to be in one place though.

I actually reserved a "pet-friendly" room at the Rustic, you guys were too slow. But I'll move to the "motel where John Wayne stayed" with the group.

But I agree we need to jump on it NOW, our options are dwindling fast.
Yep, I called Wednesday (only a day after my visit) and the receptionist told me there were only a few rooms available but wasn't sure if he was looking at the books right. I left my number with the Rustic for them to call me back & sort out the confusion. No call but Jo nudged me yesterday and I gave them another ring. Same receptionist but he confirmed, 1 room & 1 Suite available. Without the group rate, the rooms were a bit higher... $129/nt vs $89/nt for a single queen.

NOW, for the following week the Rustic has 12 rms available. If it wasn't too painstaking, we could consider moving the Moab meet a week later. Then again, I'm sure it would be difficult/impossible for some to change the date.

Apache looks good enough to me... I like how it's walking distance to Milts.

If the rates are reasonable Jo, I say reserve the group. I should have booked the Rustic when I had the opportunity.