Thread: VX concept

VX concept

im sure everyone has seen this. first time for me. i would buy one if they ever came out with it.

I have always been a fan of that one! The headlights of the Infinity G35 remind me of it all the time...
    Last edited by ZEUS : 11/05/2014 at 01:13 PM Reason: Image was just too big!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

I'd buy it too, depending on its dimensions - as in "close to the same size as the VX...

Having said that, I would be SHOCKED if it gets built in a two-door configuration! Let's face it - a two-door SUV is JUST not a "seller" to the genital public; to wit: How many 2-door Range Rover Evoques have YOU seen, versus the 4-door variant? I've seen exactly ONE since they came out, and I live in Orange County CA, where you can't swing a dead cat and not hit an Evoque! And then there's the "new" Jeep Wrangler (2007-present) - how many 2-door "traditional" Jeep Wranglers do YOU see, compared to the 4-door HIDEOUS behemoth? Finally, the new Porsche Macan - originally they planned a 2-door variant, which (initially) piqued my interest; NOW they are saying that it will NOT be built...

So - DREAM ON, Boys & Girl; reality is, prolly ain't a-gonna happen! My own "personal plan" is to keep MY Vehicross "alive forever", along w/my 1991 Jeep Wrangler "Maul-Crawler". Now excuse me - Pops gotta get home - his soup's gettin' cold!

Actually, I see quite a few 2-door JK's around here - more 4-doors, for sure, but a fair share of 2-doors. I see a 2-door Evoque every day but have probably only ever seen three and only twice as many 4-doors... overall, the Evoque has not sold here all that well it seems. Otherwise, Ganzman, that concept Otwobme posted was from 1997...

One of the reasons 2-door suvs are not popular in the US is because of the "chicken tax" which puts a 25% tarrif on imported 2-door suvs but not on 4-door suvs. In the US the 2-door evoque is about $5K more expensive than an equivalently equipped 4-door version - pay more, get less, no wonder it doesn't sell all that well.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Biko View Post
    One of the reasons 2-door suvs are not popular in the US is because of the "chicken tax" which puts a 25% tarrif on imported 2-door suvs but not on 4-door suvs. In the US the 2-door evoque is about $5K more expensive than an equivalently equipped 4-door version - pay more, get less, no wonder it doesn't sell all that well.
    What's the purpose of the chicken tax? Is it a low gas mileage/car pooling type of tax?

Not bad, but I want fatter fenders!
    96 Eclipse Spyder GSX (already turbo, AWD swap)
    93 Eagle Summit AWD (4G63 turbo swaps)

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    What's the purpose of the chicken tax? Is it a low gas mileage/car pooling type of tax?
    It is about protectionism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax