Thread: Re: ABS light

Re: ABS light

Hi, Glad to see the Forum still going strong. Just came back from the Holidays.
    Yesterday, when I washed my Vx, something strange happened. I drove the Vx then suddenly the ABS light came on. It was really weird. I re-booted (Stopped the engine and started it again) the Vx then everything was back to normal.
    This is not the first car I'm having giving this problem... Any suggestions besides taking a hair dryer... Anyone else having this problem...?

Thanks...

Ameet
    An angry man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable is seldom angry

Re: Re: ABS light

Sorry, no answer, just a smart-ass .sig rebuttal:
    Originally posted by ameetw
    An angry man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable man is seldom angry.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

--George Bernard Shaw

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    2K?

I would definitely have someone else look at your VX. You didnt mention if your truck was acting up... or was it only the light coming on?

It wouldnt be the first time a dealer tried to pull a fast one...
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Were any of you spinning with your VX's? I know that when I go to a parking lot and spin a lot of broadies/donuts the ABS light will come on, only to turn off the next time I start it. I am really curious why it does this! I'm not sure if the ABS still works with the light on but I will try to find out after work today.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

I asked my mechanic and he told me sometimes it was due to dirty sensors and space between them. I going to have them cleaned. I'll keep you guys posted if it works. Don't wanna spend 2K on this!

Thanks.

ABS

Ameetw,

Do you know the ABS code form the computer?
    Please post it and I might be able to give you some insight into your problem.

Howard

I’ve had the connector in the front wheel wells (that goes to the sensors) come loose and caused an intermittant light. Connector should have been replaced but I would have had to do the whole harness so it is tye-wrapped together and for 4+ yrs I have had no light to come on.

Dirty sensor? Maybe, but it would take a lot of brake dustor mud to obscure these sensors that are tucked up behind the front wheels. I’ve got some of the most dust producing pads on there now (for the past 6 months) and never get a light. I think he’s talking smack...

My abs light came on and im getting a code B-12 which he said was a front right holding solenoid. any ideas on haw hard this is to fix and how much it costs?

adam