Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: #### Moab 'zu Zoo Xvi / Vehicross Meet 2015####

OK, now that that's out of the way...

ahdoman, historically ZuZoo (as it used to be called) started on the Tuesday of the week that we are out in Moab, at least for us, with a "VX Only" run. We still, sort of, keep to that tradition with a newbie run on Tuesday that is meant to showcase to new off roaders just what our VX's are capable of. We usually try to pick a trail that a stock VX can get through so we don't scare anyone.

In general, there are usually multiple runs on multiple trails going on simultaneously throughout the week. We usually meet up at The Stoop (the Apache Hotel this year) in the evenings to chit chat, meet and greet, and just generally hang out with the VX fam. During the multiple, mostly adult beverage fueled conversations groups will start to form for the next days trails. Some "trail leaders" will pick harder trails and others will pick easier trails. It all kind of ebbs and flows naturally and usually everyone gets to do a trail that they are comfortable with.

Once you get to Moab and meet everyone and check out their rigs you'll get a good feel for who you want to run with and when.

I really hope that you can make it out because even if you don't run a trail at all it's still great to meet everyone and hang out with a bunch of other VX nerds.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    WAIT, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!

Did anyone else notice Jack's (pbkid) post at the top of the thread? Did I miss another thread where he relayed this fantastic news to us?

Super duper congratulations to Jack and Whitney!!
    This ended up at the bottom of the page so I wanted to re-post it on the new page.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    WAIT, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!

Did anyone else notice Jack's (pbkid) post at the top of the thread? Did I miss another thread where he relayed this fantastic news to us?

Super duper congratulations to Jack and Whitney!!
    I believe he announced it on Facebook,

With that said...

Big congrats!!!

Ahdo...most campers stay at pack creek campground. Wen-Sat are the main days but several come early and/or stay later.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Many arrive over the first weekend...and stay a week

Quote Originally Posted by ahdoman View Post
    For those of us who have never gone to Moab; what's the plan?
    Monday is usually a short run..then back to the "stoop"...
    .... greet the afternoon arrivals with a cocktail!

Tuesday was always the "VX" only run... now more of a newbie run.

Other days people tend to break up into "like minded/similar skill-crazy" groups..
    ...and go do random trails..usually 4-6 max per group for ease and speed.

~~~

Many take a full day or much more of driving ....
    ....so people are always coming and going depending on their situation.

Usually a core group there for about 7-8 days.

I'll be leaving San Diego Friday...drive about 700 miles and stop overnight
    at a place I use every year...then a wee ride of about 100 miles into Moab on Saturday.

Looking fwd to seeing "The Pearl"

VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This maybe year #3 without Dumkinator ... Youngest has a 1400 procedure for his tooth, will keep you posted. May need a Vxer to get my room that needs it (I am beside Jo) so as to keep out the stranger dangers out.
    Last edited by Dumke : 01/12/2015 at 08:50 AM
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Hope ya make it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post
    May need a Vxer to get my room that needs it (I am beside Jo) so as to keep ouot the stranger dangers out.
    ...but this wont help get rid of your room

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Otwobme View Post
    while in the military i kinda lost respect for my fellow man and im trying to prove to myself that there are still good people out there.
    You'll be hard pressed to find a better group of folks to hang with than this crowd Jake. Also looking forward to meeting you for the calendar shoot.

Cheers

Tom

May 10th is my birthday i envy you guys and gals

Just booked mine since I'm a habitual procrastinator. She said I got the very last room and she was going to move someone else to get us closer to the group. So if you haven't booked already, sounds like you will have to fight for Dumke's room if he isn't able to come.

Really looking forward to seeing the family again!

Quote Originally Posted by Etfren View Post
    She said I got the very last room
    Well, poo. I have been lurking for months and not saying anything, but dreaming of Moab. Day late and a dollar short as per my usual M.O.

I suppose it's for the best; my girl is getting older and she not only consumes oil but burns it now too when I really get on the throttle. Should probably go easy on her, even though I don't want to. Soon will be a rebuild...soon. Until then, boyfriend and I are working on selling some of our SIX cars.

...anybody want a WRX?

But seriously, I wish I could go I graduated last year and all I ever do is work now. Before I had time and no money; now I have money and no time.

I might still be able to work it out though. My nurse manager is awesome, I could probably get the time off if I were to ask. Lisa, where are you staying?

Buy a case of oil and get on the road!

Lisa and Greg are renting a condo.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    Buy a case of oil and get on the road!

Lisa and Greg are renting a condo.
    A condo?! That's awful fancy. I spent too much on my vacation in Feb to rent a condo...there must be some kind of cheap lodging somewhere.

A case of oil would work all right, but the trick would be getting my hood open if I have to brave the open road alone again. Something is wrong with the latch and I need two people to open it because one has to put pressure on the hood while the other pulls the lever. I need to have her fixed up a bit; my poor girl is falling apart.

...didn't help that a deer jumped right out of the ditch and into the fender of my X-90 a couple weeks ago, and now that oddball needs fixing first. There's just never enough time in a day...or a month for that matter.

Kat, The last time I was in Moab it looked like the Red Rocks will be open again very soon. They ended up NOT tearing it down and have been giving it a face lift. I guess they just didn't want us to come back.

As for your hood; you'll probably need to adjust the rubber bumpers that push your hood up. I think there are a couple of threads on the fix around here somewhere. They just "unscrew" from the upper radiator support to make them taller, which puts more pressure on your hood so that when you pull the hood release the hood will pop up (or should).

Found one of the threads: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...t=hood+release

Now, grab that case of oil and get on the road.

Next time you get it open hose everything down with WD40...