All you California residents, I need your help... your experience... your opinions... or your pity!

I recently shipped my 2014 Honda NC700X (purchased in Virginia) to my daughter in California. It currently has probably 2000 miles on it. Because the bike is NOT tagged as California emissions legal and has fewer than 7500 miles, she cannot register it.

I did not realize that it was not 50-state legal, since it does have a catalytic converter. Apparently Honda has some "magic" they do to bikes in production to make them CARB compliant.

Anybody have any experience with out-of-state motorcycle registration? Know of any exemptions? Her husband is active duty Coast Guard, and she recently got out of the Coast Guard, but that was before the bike was purchased, so I don't think any of the "military" exemptions will apply.

She would like to keep this bike, but I suppose we still have the option to sell it (out of state?) and buy her something else. Otherwise, I would ship it back to me and held on to it.

HELP!!!