Hi all,

I am looking to buy my first Vehicross and will actually be going to see one in just over 24 hours. It looks to be in great shape. It is a 2001 Ironman Edition in white and only has 78,000 miles on the clock. The leather needs some love as do the plastic panels, but otherwise it seems to be in good shape. The owner claims it was used as a survey and estimate vehicle for his contracting business. It also has a roof rack and safari bar fitted.

I've been looking at these on and off for about 6 months or so. I haven't driven one yet because I haven't found any within my budget that are close enough (and the last closest was 150 miles away and had leaking brakes. Big fat pile of NOPE!). Anyway, my question is: what are the trouble spots I should look out for? My big worry is the TOD. It seems a lot of the drivetrain is bulletproof and since it's shared with the Trooper, parts are well sourced. The TOD seems pretty simple (compared to some 4WD systems today), but electronic gremlins are the pits. Are there any other trouble spots? Anywhere they begin to rust? I read that the VX's body panels were zinc coated from the factory, but just like Jurassic Park dinosaurs, rust finds a way...

I first saw the VX in Test Drive Off-Road 3 and I've been dying for one ever since. I'm REALLY hoping this truck turns out to be The One so I can replace my trusty, but aging CR-V. Thanks for the help!

P.S. for you Roadkill fans, I'll be meeting at Holley in Bowling Green. I'll see if I can find the Roadkill Corvette. Rumor has it, it's still parked out back.