1. Get on your hands & knees in front of the VX & check to make sure the CV boots are not torn. If it hasn't been lifted, I'm pretty sure they'll be fine.

2. Check the hood insert for cracks. That can be fixed but it's almost impossible to replace nowadays.

3. Check tire wear. Because of the TOD, all 4 tires must match and have even wear.

4. Crank up the stereo. The VX didn't come with the best of speakers & they may have blown.

5. Lower & raise the windows. Our windows like to jump the track. There are fixes that'll help.

6. Feel the carpet on the front passenger side. Quite a few of us have a windshield leak that lets water in. Again, it's an easy fix but can be an indication of a poorly maintained vehicle.

7. ABS light on? Our ABS is a POS. When mine went, I just removed the bulb.

8. Are all of the cup holders present? Just kidding (inside joke) ... we ain't got none.

You didn't mention your mechanical inclination. Will the small stuff scare you away or are you willing to get your hands dirty & make that VX your own. That makes a big difference as to whether any of this stuff is a show stopper.

Best of luck with the purchase.