17 20.00%
  • Mud Guard set

26 30.59%
  • Front clear lens set

25 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: VXC Products survey...

Oooooh!!! Let us know when you're ready!! Thanks Ron!!

For custom VehiCross skidplates and accessories, check out:
    www.aftershockproducts.com

Test fit for the non-hitched version of the rear plate is good. NOTE: Since the cladding and skidplates can vary from one vx to another, adding additional mounting screws to secure the top edge of the plate directly to the cladding will give you a uniform flushed fit. Since it's constructed out of ABS plastic, the plate is pliable enough to conform to the shape of the bumper. In my previous (Ebony) vx, I never had to use additional screws on the top edge. However, with this recent (Ivory) one, I added two additional screws on the outter top corners replacing two of the cosmetic screws on outter left and right. This resulted in a clean tight fit of the plate to the cladding bumper. I'll have a better explanation on the installation instructions in detail.

I'll be sending out the hitched version for a test fit to a fellow vxer soon. Mile High, you have a pm.

Final prices for the NON-hitched version are as follows:

-$225 primered only
    ADD $85 for paint + clearcoat (OEM)
    Installation hardware all included. Actual shipping is TBD.
    PM me if you're interested in buying.

Once I get confirmation of fitment for the 'hitched' version (Tone Monday hitch), I'll be offering that up for sale afterwards.

After I do more hand finish work, I'll be selling this first NON-hitched version as is for $190. If you need it finished and painted OEM, add another $85. Let me know if you're interested.

Hitched (Tone Monday) version on the left and NON-hitched version (sandblasted) on the right:

It looks like they are black and textured out of the mold or did you make the hitched one textured and black?

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post

I'll be sending out the hitched version for a test fit to a fellow vxer soon. Mile High, you have a pm.
    You have two back...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Kool!! Love to have mine no hitch painted silver please!! Let me know how much for both front and back? I can pwypal. I can have a friend in Antioch pick it up locally. PayPal is waiting! Thanks Ron!

Limited time discount price for the rear plate...

hey guys...

Currently, the price is at $225 (primered only). However, I was just offered by my manufacturer a quantity discount if I order the rear plates before May 15th. This would ONLY apply to the NON-HITCHED version of the rear plate as I'm sending the HITCHED (Tone Monday) version out for test fitting still. This means, that I can offer the rear plate at $199 (primered only). Add $85 for oem paint still and shipping would be around $10-$15 (approx.). I'll verify exact shipping cost when I ship the HITCHED prototype out later this week. After May 15th, the price goes back up to $225. To make things easier, I'm going to create a direct PayPal link to order the rear plate.

This is your chance to purchase the rear plate at a discounted price. Do keep in mind that the funds will also help continue the development of the side and front skidplates as well as other vx goodies. Please e-mail me (rudesvx@sbcglobal.net) if you have questions. Thanks. rudy

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Kool!! Love to have mine no hitch painted silver please!! Let me know how much for both front and back? I can pwypal. I can have a friend in Antioch pick it up locally. PayPal is waiting! Thanks Ron!
    hey Evo...

We chatted a couple of years ago about getting together but never came around to it. I work here in SF (near the ballpark). If you want I can help install on your VX if you're in the area. Let me know.

The front and sideplate molds have not been developed yet as it requires funds to produce the molds. Funds from the rearplate sales will help continue development of these molds and other future VX accessories.

rudy
    Last edited by ron : 04/28/2015 at 12:03 PM

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    It looks like they are black and textured out of the mold or did you make the hitched one textured and black?

Yes, they are textured black off the mold. The other, I sandblasted the texture for an experiment. rudy

Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    Yes, they are textured black off the mold. The other, I sandblasted the texture for an experiment. rudy
    So could I use it right out of the mold? I like the way it looks without doing anything to it. Would it need to be painted for some reason?

link to purchase rear plate...

Here's the link to purchase the rear plate at it's limited time only discounted price: http://aftershockproducts.com/#/vehi...ies/4589158544

Feel free to ask any questions direct (rudesvx@sbcglobal.net). Thanks. rudy

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    So could I use it right out of the mold? I like the way it looks without doing anything to it. Would it need to be painted for some reason?
    You would get a rough sanded edge as the plate needs to be cut out of the shell and sanded. What I was going to do with all the plates that are painted was to keep the surface texture, sand the outter edge, then paint color and a clearcoat with some texture to blend the smooth surface and textured surface a bit. Let me know if that sounds good to you. rudy

I'll take one of everything when it's all ready ^__^
    - To Err Is Human, To GET SOME is Divine -

Hey Ron!! Nice meeting you today! The rear plates were very nice!! Your VX is impressive and almost looks new parked next to mine! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Hey Ron!! Nice meeting you today! The rear plates were very nice!! Your VX is impressive and almost looks new parked next to mine! LOL!!
    Hey Evo...

It was great meeting you and your vx. Thanks again for your purchase and support of the products. I'll let you know when I get your plate ready for installation. rudy