26 30.59%
  • Front clear lens set

25 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: VXC Products survey...

Quote Originally Posted by VXDAD View Post
    How does it look Rudy? Thanks! Ray.
    Looks great Ray! Thanks for the support!

For custom VehiCross skidplates and accessories, check out:
    www.aftershockproducts.com

Like to mention that I have about 5 more rear plates ready for paint and available for purchase. After these 5 are done, not sure when I'll make another batch order as I'm still trying to save for the front plate mold to be fabricated. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. rudy

Installation

Hi Ron,

What is the recommended hardware to get these attached? I did a few searches in the forums and didn't seem to find anything from the past.
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Quote Originally Posted by Knigh7s View Post
    Hi Ron,

What is the recommended hardware to get these attached? I did a few searches in the forums and didn't seem to find anything from the past.
    The plate will come with hardware (stainless steel replacement screws) and install instructions. Basically, utilizes the bottom oem cladding screw locations. Mostly this method will suffice to secure the plate to the cladding. However, because cladding differs from one to the next, you can replace the top cosmetic screws with self taps. I just replaced the top two outter corner ones as the corners were lifted and this gives it a cleaner flushed look. Others have replaced all of the cosmetic screws all together. Hope this helps.

The plate is very easy to attach 2 hex bolts and 3 screws. 10-30min. Great fitment!

Update...

Ok, here's the situation. There are about 50+ responses for the rear skidplate alone in the poll and ONLY 8 actual purchases come through. Not sure whether people are just shy or no longer interested in this mod. This has forced me to re-think the game plan to determine whether it's still worth doing. Since I do this out of passion rather than profit, it's hard to pay out of pocket on molds that prove difficult, to at least, break even. I now realize that any same person can click on the poll to bump up the numbers. This would explain the uneven ratio of poll numbers to sales. There's a few nibbles/inquiries here and there. Just no actual bites.

If sale numbers continue to remain stagnant for the rear plate alone, I may be forced to discontinue further development and offerings for the vx. As my time outside of work is limited. Let me know if you have any questions/insight. Thank you for your understanding. rudy

I wonder if you won't see a significant spike in sales for the side skid plates since those have never been offered before. And BTW I'd be willing to subsidize the molds for them if necessary. But I'd want to be at the top of the list.

Ron, I want to order a full set (front, rear, and sides) but because of shipping costs, I need to have them all shipped at once.
    I also agree with Vt Mavrick that the side plates should be in heavy demand when you get to that stage.
    What is the best way forward to give you the confidence to keep producing the various molds so that a full set is achievable??

You can PM me if you want.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    I can send it raw. I'll cut most of the flash material off close to the edges and pre-drill the holes for you. You can apply whatever finish you like afterwards. Let me know if you decide to order or not. Thanks. Rudy
    I will order one from you but your order form just has 3 choices

PRIMERED REAR SKIDPLATE (NON-HITCHED) $225.00

PRIMERED REAR SKIDPLATE (TONE MONDAY HITCH) N/A

OEM PAINT W/ CLEARCOAT SERVICE OPTION $100.00

I would like it raw, it might be good to trim the excess and sand the seam so it fits in your shipping container and so I do not have a lot of trimming to do, I just do not want the texture sanded off or any paint or primer on it. Just let me know how I order it so it does not come sanded and primed.

Thanks,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    I will order one from you but your order form just has 3 choices

PRIMERED REAR SKIDPLATE (NON-HITCHED) $225.00

PRIMERED REAR SKIDPLATE (TONE MONDAY HITCH) N/A

OEM PAINT W/ CLEARCOAT SERVICE OPTION $100.00

I would like it raw, it might be good to trim the excess and sand the seam so it fits in your shipping container and so I do not have a lot of trimming to do, I just do not want the texture sanded off or any paint or primer on it. Just let me know how I order it so it does not come sanded and primed.

Thanks,
    Chris
    hi Chris...

I have about 5 rear plates left in stock. All have been trimmed with the edges sanded. But, I left the textured surface and unprimed and unpainted til I get an order. I sell to you for $225 for unprimed and unpainted including shipping. Give me your PayPal e-mail address and I can send you an invoice. Thanks and let me know if you have any questions. rudy

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Ron, I want to order a full set (front, rear, and sides) but because of shipping costs, I need to have them all shipped at once.
    I also agree with Vt Mavrick that the side plates should be in heavy demand when you get to that stage.
    What is the best way forward to give you the confidence to keep producing the various molds so that a full set is achievable??

You can PM me if you want.

PK
    hi PK...

I'm still a bit apprehensive in investing so much more into molds that is slow to break even. I like to see if I can get one more mod done and then make a decision then. Based on the inaccurate poll numbers, it appears the front is the most popular to pursue. But, based on history, I know that there's a lot of fronts already out there. And some of those same owners have the rears or will be purchasing one soon. So, it would only make more sense to go with the sides as that has yet to be offered (as both you and VT have mentioned earlier). I'll have to sleep on this and weigh out my options later. Thanks for the feedback both of you. rudy

I sent you my info in a PM

Ron, just got mine in the mail, and have to say that is one nice piece of kit... But if you back out now, I won't be able to get the matching front piece.

I'm with the others on the sides as well. But how about the smaller items like grill pieces, shift plates, etc. Would those be easier/cheaper to get set up and possibly help bring in more funds for the front/side molds?

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    I sent you my info in a PM
    PP invoice sent. Thanks Chris! rudy

Quote Originally Posted by Knigh7s View Post
    Ron, just got mine in the mail, and have to say that is one nice piece of kit... But if you back out now, I won't be able to get the matching front piece.

I'm with the others on the sides as well. But how about the smaller items like grill pieces, shift plates, etc. Would those be easier/cheaper to get set up and possibly help bring in more funds for the front/side molds?
    I'm currently working on molds for shiftplates, mudguards, and hood fangs. I'll be able to release offerings for the grill kits and front clear lenses of the past soon as well. With the grill kits, I'll have the previous and newer designs too.

Currently getting the side and front plate molds quoted to see which is cheaper to get done first to generate more funds so I can get the latter fabricated afterwards. As suggested by someone earlier, I may do a pre-order for either mod to help with costs. Keep you posted.