• Mud Guard set

26 30.59%
  • Front clear lens set

25 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: VXC Products survey...

Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    Ok, so I'm in the middle of getting the rear plate mold fabricated to start things off. Will be sending CAD file of the rear plate mold to a buddy who can CNC it in one piece. Hoping to have results by next week some time. If the mold is to my satisfaction, I'll bring it to the formers to get more accurate quotes for fabrication. I should have a better assessment on prices for the rear plate at that time. If things go smooth and no hiccups, then I may pursue getting the side skidplates mold fabricated to get that started.

Also, plan to work on molds for the NEW shifterplates at the same time. Will keep you posted as things progress. rudy
    That's great news, Rudy!

You know I was just messin' earlier. I hope you make a bundle for your efforts. People like you who support the ongoing improvement of our platform deserve a lot of credit and support in return.

Now then... where are my side skids?

-V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

Im getting giggitier then a school girl about new custom parts for the VX. You are my hero Rudy! new shifter plates, and side and rear skids. Not sure if I can actually use the skid plate on my front due to having a brush guard. But I can ill for sure get one of those too as well.

Tex, let's see a pic of your brush guard. I've got a bull bar, safari bar, whatever you want to call it up front and I've got the front "skid" plate also. Took a little doing, but it definitely fits.

-V

Hey just seeing if it would be at all posable to make a shift plat for a manual. I'm going to be converting my vx soon, also maybe the front license plate blank.
    I can't wait for the parts. Let me know I will be buying some from you.
    Thanks
    That others may Live
    Warrior Automotive
    Jake

It's a blast from the past! I'll take one of everything!
    - To Err Is Human, To GET SOME is Divine -

kickstarter....

hey all...

I'm considering going with 'kickstarter' (https://www.kickstarter.com) to be able to finance and get the ball rolling in producing these parts. I've never dealt with this process and was wondering if anyone out there has and has any experience, and/or any advice, suggestions, and what to avoid.

When I first started VXC, I financed the initial investment in producing molds to make parts out of my own pocket. That was before kids got big, mortgage, etc. With this option, through the help of investors, I would be able to finance the initial investment in producing the molds and get parts cranking out to the public sooner than later. And when things get rolling, I would be able to expand the line of products in the future for out beloved vx for newer and cooler accessories.

Please let me know your thoughts. If you want to pm me in private, please do so or email direct (rudesvx@sbcglobal.net). Thanks. rudy
    For custom VehiCross skidplates and accessories, check out:
    www.aftershockproducts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Otwobme View Post
    Hey just seeing if it would be at all posable to make a shift plat for a manual. I'm going to be converting my vx soon, also maybe the front license plate blank.
    I can't wait for the parts. Let me know I will be buying some from you.
    Thanks
    If the manual set up (console cover) is similar to the auto. Then it might be possible. But since manuals are not common, it would be a custom piece for you. We can discuss later when things get going on my end. Thanks for the interest. rudy

Kickstarter

I kickstart (read: purchase) a lot on Kickstarter. The one main gripe is not having a project meet deadlines and or not coming to fruition at all. Leaving everyone that helped fund a project at a loss of funds.

I'm putting together a personal project on kickstarter myself and it is pretty straight forward. The difficult part is coming up with a delivery date and sticking to it and delivering. In your project I'm sure there are a few variables to account for as well.

IMHO, communication is key before and after a project is funded, and having a clear goal and product availability to those that fund.

Also, if choosing this route, you may be able to get everything you need done for manufacturing for most or even all your products based on your poll above.
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Have you come up with prices yet?

You'll need a 'normal' retail price to publish..
    .......then those that back a 'kickstarter'...
    ...get a discount off that .

Its a good system in that you get 100% valid orders PAID upfront...
    ..rather than 30 people saying YUP..then never following through.

However, you need to get enough to finance.. in order to satisfy
    the orders for those that do put money upfront.... or you have to refund I believe?

IIWY.... I'd start with the front/back & side skid plates.

Offer a package on all 4 ( front/back & two sides.)
    A deal for just front & back
    A deal for front OR back
    A deal for just sides.

Just my 2 cents!

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    OK..some actual 'rules'

How does Kickstarter work?

Thousands of projects are funding on Kickstarter at any given moment. Each project is independently created and crafted by the person behind it. The filmmakers, musicians, artists, and designers you see on Kickstarter have complete control and responsibility over their projects. They spend weeks building their project pages, shooting their videos, and brainstorming what rewards to offer backers. When they feel ready, a creator can launch their project on the site and share it with their community.

Every project creator sets their project's funding goal and deadline. If people like the project, they can pledge money to make it happen. If the project succeeds in reaching its funding goal, all backers' credit cards are charged when time expires. If the project falls short, no one is charged. Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing.

Why is funding all-or-nothing?

All-or-nothing funding is a core part of Kickstarter and it has a number of advantages:

It's less risk for everyone. If you need $5,000, it's tough having $1,000 and a bunch of people expecting you to complete a $5,000 project.

It motivates. If people want to see a project come to life, they're going to spread the word.

It works. Of the projects that have reached 20% of their funding goal, 81% were successfully funded. Of the projects that have reached 60% of their funding goal, 98% were successfully funded. Projects either make their goal or find little support. There's little in-between.

To date, an incredible 44% of projects have reached their funding goals.

To add to JoFotoz posts...

If you do get fully funded, you can look into backerkit.com. If anyone wasn't able to fund the kickstarter, you can setup "pre-orders" to let the late birds in, increasing your funding. Another great part is "add-ons" say I was only able to get the front and back skids, but after the goal was reached, I can "add" the side skids to my order, bumping your funds up again.

Unless you're going to spin up a production line for receiving frequent orders for these parts and possibly others, then I suggest that the kickstarter model is just too complicated and the wrong way to go.

If all you need are the funds to cover your time and materials plus margin and a beer or two, then you might consider taking money up front from customers, one part or kit at a time (e.g. side skids - currently the most in demand, then rear skids, then front skids, etc. based on demand).

The end results are the same and a lot less complicated than involving a third party. You get the money up front, and your buyers get the goods when you make them.

??
    -V

indiegogo is funded to poster even if the goal is not met.

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    indiegogo is funded to poster even if the goal is not met.
    ...provided to select the "Flexible Funding campaign" option. If you reach your goal, Indiegogo takes 4%... 9% if you don't reach your goal.

With a "Fixed Funding campaign" you won’t keep the funds you raised, all of your contributors will be refunded, and you won’t be charged any fees.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379