Thread: front drive shaft

front drive shaft

Nope. That is from a non TOD vehicle (has u joints...not CVs). Make sure to put TOD in your search.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    I'm confussssssssssed...!

Quote Originally Posted by mattferguson14 View Post
    Why not get one of the front shafts that Jon or Scott kindly offered you...
    ...on the other thread about this same thing?????

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    I'm confussssssssssed...!

Why not get one of the front shafts that Jon or Scott kindly offered you...
    ...on the other thread about this same thing?????

Jo

I let Scott take this one over. Scott mentioned his sale price and I thought it was VERY fair.

Matt, why is your VX missing a front drive-shaft again? With a lift and 2" diff drop, everything was built right. Seems like the missing drive-shaft means something was broken and the PO didn't want to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post

I let Scott take this one over. Scott mentioned his sale price and I thought it was VERY fair.

Matt, why is your VX missing a front drive-shaft again? With a lift and 2" diff drop, everything was built right. Seems like the missing drive-shaft means something was broken and the PO didn't want to deal with it.
    Scott had not gotten back to me. I've been PMing him and no response. If he doesn't get back to me I'll gladly buy Vxorados drive shaft. This post was more food for thought than anything because the listing says this part fits TOD equipped troopers and TOD equipped passports. The dealer I bought the truck from removed the shaft, not the PO. They said it was making noise because the joints were worn out, which was turning away any potential buyers who test drove the truck. I'm hoping that the diff and transfer case are OK, but won't know til I get this Drive shaft in.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by mattferguson14 View Post
    Scott had not gotten back to me. I've been PMing him and no response. If he doesn't get back to me I'll gladly buy Vxorados drive shaft. This post was more food for thought than anything because the listing says this part fits TOD equipped troopers and TOD equipped passports. The dealer I bought the truck from removed the shaft, not the PO. They said it was making noise because the joints were worn out, which was turning away any potential buyers who test drove the truck. I'm hoping that the diff and transfer case are OK, but won't know til I get this Drive shaft in.
    I'm sure Scotty will get back to you soon. I can't seem to locate mine anyways. May have gotten over zealous with the SAS and threw it out.

Hopefully it was just the driveshaft CVs that were making noise. It will be good to get that drive-shaft so you test it out!

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Relax Matt, I'm here.
    I travel a lot for work so I don't always respond right away. I just got in late last night so I'll take some pics and send em to you asap.
    Cheers,
    Scott
    There's no 'I' in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post

With the diff drop, it will often rip the inner boot, and if you get sand/mud in there, it eats the bearings. I am soon to be on my 4th prop shaft, but I removed it for awhile while waiting, since it was making lots of noise.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson