All - I recently purchased an Ebony VX - right now, she's in the shop getting some various minor (and maybe not so minor - we'll see) work done, but in the near future, I wanted to add a basket and lights.

For that, I need roof cross bars. Now, I'm not insistent that the bars be OEM (that would be nice, but I am being realistic at the moment) - so I am wanting to know if anyone can recommend any non-OEM bars that are known to fit the VX without needing much (ideally any) modification to the VX or the bars themselves.

I've seen a couple of threads here from other VX owners who have used non-OEM bars - but they had to do some mods to the bars or such. I've also heard that the OEM bars were from Yakima - can they still be bought new (non-OEM badged, of course)?

I'm wondering if any of the bars off Ebay or Amazon could work - but I don't want to drop some cash on something that I have to go through the hassle of returning if it doesn't. Maybe it might be better to shop locally via a 4x4 shop of some sort?

Thank you for any help or advice you can give me.