Ok, I took the plunge to replace my timing belt at 122K; I was on borrowed time. I'm using Bart's How-to and got to the point of successfully aligning both Camshaft and the Crankshaft green reference marks. I could not make out any lines on my original Isuzu belt; I had no markings remaining and I couldn't see the dotted line that is supposed to be at about 8 o'clock on the crankshaft. So I did about one full revolution and aligned the three reference marks. When I released the push tensioner, my camshafts pulleys sprung to RH 9 o'clock and LH 3 o'clock. Bart's How to says they should both spring to 12 o'clock)

So...am I in trouble here? Am I 180 degrees out? Can I install the new belt while pulling the camshafts back to midline to their reference marks (if they were both at 12 o'clock you would pull both to the outsides to get to the 10 and 2 reference marks) or do I need to go through the scary-sounding instructions for when camshaft timing has been disrupted?

Any advice is appreciated. Call if you'd rather. I'm worried and really need the VX next week for work. Thanks, Bren.