Quote Originally Posted by mattferguson14 View Post
I am running into all of these exact issues. Low air flow (or so it seems in comparison to other vehicles), the fact that it always sets itself to Auto mode, everything. I have been noticing that when i turn on the a/c there is a noticeable loss of engine performance, which is normal when the compressor comes on, but this is excessive. Are you saying that the blower motor could be the cause of all of these problems??
Hi Matt.

It certainly sounds like the same symptoms. It will take you less than one minute to drop the blower motor out of its housing. Just four screws hold it in place. No need to remove the glove box. If you can contort yourself upside down on the passenger side, you will see the familiar shape of the blower motor close to the door pillar, behind the glove box and the four screws holding it in place. Once you have located the screws, you can uncontort yourself to remove them!

The motor has a foam gasket so you'll need to give it a nudge to ease it free. No need to disconnect the wiring. Just rotate the fan to see if it is hard to turn. The new motor has slight resistance but give it a hard spin from the outside of the cage and it will continue to turn for two seconds. If you have a bearing problem, it will be tough to turn and there's no way it will continue to spin after you let go.

As you can see in the photos in the original post, the fan cage was pretty dirty. I am sure that added to the decreased air flow and probably added to the noise factor too.

Good luck!