Thread: Vehicross sold (goodbye and thank you!)

Vehicross sold (goodbye and thank you!)

It is with mixed emotions that I say goodbye to my vx. After five years of reliable ownership I sold her today. I'm now married and talking about kids in the near future, the two doors just won't work. I've checked out the new honda hr-v, its slow but has nice features. I'm going to the Subaru dealership tomorrow to check of the crosstrek and Nissan on Saturday to check out a manual FWD Juke Nismo and AWD Juke Nismo RS (CVT trans) Regardless of what I drive next, I would like to thank everyone here. This forum is the reason I bought a one way ticket to Denver to pick her up and keep it 60k+ miles (I ride a bike in the summer). Sold her to a guy named Roger from Madison WI. I mentioned the forum and hope he joins. He plans on dropping a 350 in her (I dreamed of doing this)...

Take it easy and keep the rubber side down
    -Pete

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah2390 View Post
    It is with mixed emotions that I say goodbye to my vx. After five years of reliable ownership I sold her today. I'm now married and talking about kids in the near future, the two doors just won't work....

Take it easy and keep the rubber side down
    -Pete
    Sounds like your priorities are in proper order, so you're excused from giving up your VX.

From what I've seen of them, it doesn't seem like you'd be straying too far from the VX if you went with the Crosstrek, but the best choice at this point is what's best for you.

Good luck with the future cheetah!

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    Sounds like your priorities are in proper order, so you're excused from giving up your VX.

From what I've seen of them, it doesn't seem like you'd be straying too far from the VX if you went with the Crosstrek, but the best choice at this point is what's best for you.

Good luck with the future cheetah!
    thanks Y33TREKke, I ended up buying a 2014 Nissan Juke Nismo with manual trans

Bummer you had to let it go. I'm an OG owner since 2000 and I put a convertible carseat into the back of my VX just a few months ago. My baby (just turned 2) loves "Daddy's Vehicross". She climbs into her car seat either from the back or front. When she was really small, it was easy to put her in with the smaller infant snap-in Britax car seat through the back. Parents thought it would be a good reason to sell the VX, but I proved them wrong. It's my baby's favorite car.
    Last edited by Baldwin : 08/06/2015 at 04:23 PM
    Call me a geek, or maybe even nerd, but face the facts, we da ones be rulin' this world!