Thread: intake

intake

i did a search on intakes and i came up with basically 3 different companies...injen, weapon r and hotshot...there werent praise on any of these other then the hotshot was eye candy...

im plannin to get a intake since i just bout a pv and i wanted the more aggresive sound from teh intake...i phased out the weapon r cause it goes over the raditor hose which cant be good for a COLD air intake. i belive the hotshot has to be modiflied. im also guessing the injen has to be modiflied too...

here the question...should i buy one of these 2 (injen & hotshot)...or go with a filter and have a custom intake tube? or stick with the stock box and use a K&N filter?
    ________
    HotHotGirls
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 02:23 PM

those types of intakes arent cold air...their hotair ...or shortram intakes. cold air goes down below positioned behind teh bumper taking air in from the ground away from engine heat....anyways, just get a k/n filter...the intake itself wont do much, probably the same performance gain as just a k/n filter.
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

Re: intake

Originally posted by MZ-N10
    im plannin to get a intake since i just bout a pv and i wanted the more aggresive sound from teh intake...
    Go with the K&N - somebody has been selling them ubercheap on ebay recently, I think they are still up, just search on "verhicross" and make sure to remove the elbow. Those together should make fairly noticeable increase in aggressive sound.

Don't know the tek stuff but CALMINI is also selling an intake system for the Vehicross...$99
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

WTH????

my engine cover does not look like that, does anyones?

The paint doesn't look like a factory VX color either. At least not a USA VX.

Think it's a pic from an Axiom....

About the cone filter..

Your best bet if you want to go to a cone filter is to get an aftermarket for $14 (this INCLUDES shipping) off ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2446405746

I bought one to make sure as it looked just like the filter that shipped with the Hot Shot intake. It's virtually identical and should perform the same (neither has any distinct markings, and the weld seams look the same - my bet is that they are from the same offshore manufaturor). With these being this cheap, it's actually easier to simply replace the cone filter rather than spend the time cleaning one.

Replace that big 'ole Isuzu filter box with this unit and you'll get about the same effect as an intake kit. Since you'll be taking out the filter and filter box, the restrictive elbow will go byebye too.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Calmini air filter for 99 buck$$$$, are they serious?????

Elbow? and K&N

Guys, this may be a stupid question, but where is the elbow you're talking about? I looked at my '01, which is completely stock still, and can't see an elbow that can be removed. Maybe I'm missing something. Does anyone know of a photo they can direct me to that shows the elbow or where it used to be?

Also, for those of you running a K&N filter are you simply replacing the stock filter or taking off the stock box and adding a K&N set up, like a box? Any part numbers you can provide?

Just a little confused.

JT

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    To get to the elbow you need to remove your box, the elbow goes into the fender and has a sharp restricted bend. You can not see it without removing the box. And most of us running the k&n use the same size as stock and just put it in the box in place of the stock filter. If you decide to remove the entire box, like some people have done, you would use a cone filter as a replacement.
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

JT:

No photo of where the elbow used to be, but check my gallery for a pic of the elbow itself just after we ripped it out...... Elbow removal good.....

Rob.