Thread: VX KAT back in the Zu fam!

VX KAT back in the Zu fam!

Hello to all my VX fam!
    Even though I had to sell my VX 2 yrs ago, ya'll know I just couldn't stay away from the fam....I've got ZU in my blood!
    Well, I'm excited to say I'm back in the Zu fam!

A few months ago I got a '93 Trooper RS, (RS = 2-door) previously owned by Joe Darlington, and somewhere along the line Jerry Lemond had it too.

She's had alot of things replaced, and lots of mods before I got her, but still needs some TLC and rehab.
    But she's 100% rust-free, has a great interior, and only 134k miles! Only about 1,500 were imported...love those rare ZU's!

I'll have her all ready for Moab, can't wait! Got some new chunky mud tires last week. They're freakin' chunk-a-licious!
    And of course I've added some classic KAT purple accents!
    Jo said I'll have to go on some of the harder trails I've never done in the VX....like Steel Bender & Metal Masher....

Hope ya'll don't mind if I post here once in a while, but most of my posts will be on FaceBook... Isuzu Wheelers or the Vehicross site.
    Guess my new screen name should be ZUZU KAT.

Last edited by VX KAT : 03/06/2016 at 06:26 PM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Looks Beautiful! Congrats!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Looks great Sue!

You know you're always welcome around these parts...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Good to see you back wheeling a ZU Sue (even if you never really left us).

Now then, are you going to be the Queen of racks again??

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Thanks ! Honestly, the pics make it look better than it is...lots and lots of clear coat has peeled off.....the entire roof and hood (bonnet) are bare red, and some of the side doors, and quarterpanels have large missing areas. For some reason the front right fender didn't peel, and looks great! The red paint on all those areas is super oxidized, I may as well just buy red shop rags when I finally get around to polishing it.

But I promised Dave since I was buying a 23 year old truck, that I wouldn't obse$$ about it's looks....it's essentially a "beater", it weeps oil, it blows smoke, has half its clear coat either burned or peeled off, dents, scratches and some trail rash, ...she'll never be a beauty queen! No wrapping or repainting.
    I'll do whatever's within my skill level to polish/wax/whatever to improve the paint. My Griot's Garage random orbital buffer and I are going to get quite well acquainted!

My regular mechanic even asked me if I was going to be as anal about this truck as the VX.....

It's embarrassing to say PK, but I don't even know how to get a rack on this one....I guess I have to surrender my "rack card"....LOL!

Just got back and had first time to try out the mud tires..I mean tyres, sorry,.... as it's cold, wet and muddy, and will be all week. There's a big dirt /mud lot at the end of my "street"......did a few donuts, rather gently as this thing is LIFTED and I didn't want centrifical force to surprise me....Good lord, these things grip and dig in. It left no tire tracks, AT ALL, just 2 parallel trails of dug up dirt/mud...from just driving on it in a circle, no braking. I've never seen that before! And when I slammed on the brakes, they dug a little crater! OKEY DOKEY...mud tyres ✔︎

....and the 3.2 is SOOOOO peppy....0-60 = 11.1 sec...now add those heavy tires.....
    But I love this stupid thing for some reason!

Can't own any older Zus in this area. They become Swiss cheese after one winter. Just ask my old '90 Amigo and '97 Rodeo.

Looks good. Congrats!
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

No wrapping or repainting...but what about line-x?

P.S.
    Of course you'll always be welcome here. I can't be the ONLY person left on this forum who loves purple.

Love it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]the 2nd mouse gets da cheese