Quote Originally Posted by ipd View Post
Where in GA? I"m in Warner Robins.
Currently in Harlem, GA, not too far from you.

Quote Originally Posted by ipd View Post
I'd see if you can find someone in the local area who IS a VX owner, or has owned one in the past--who can kick the tires for you. All VX's have the window issue. SBC still sells brackets for fixing this--so buy those & do the repair work yourself; problem solved. It they found a replacement (i.e. used) engine, lord only knows what condition it's in. It might even be a 3.2L instead of the 3.5L. A rebuilt engine isn't a bad thing at all. I'm almost positive mine had the engine rebuilt before I got it. It also doesn't burn a lick of oil--which is HIGHLY uncommon for the VX. I'd wager that they used updated internals to fix the burn issue.

This website has a lot of good info on what to look for (problem wise) on a VX. Some of the high points are rust (look at the condition of the crash bars as an indicator). ABS module inop. TOD not working properly (sometimes it's as simple as a fluid flush). Backlash adjustment (worm gears...of which I know very little about). U-Joints & bearings for the driveshaft (happens with all vehicles with age). Wet carpet (multiple causes--sometimes age related). Inside door handles splitting (poor design). Worn leather (all vehicles).

Let me know if I can help in any way. I highly recommend tint--especially on the hatch & rear windows. 20% will greatly reduce sun damage.
Thanks for the info! I am aware of the issues with the window, I have been researching this buy for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
I can't find it right now but VX Kat has put together an extensive list of things to review when buying a VX. Hopefully she will see this and chime in.
That would be very helpful! Thanks!