Quote Originally Posted by 89Vette View Post
That SOUNDS like a stretch. I wouldn't consider symptoms the same -- at all. When I read about the startup/shifting problem (after sensor swap), it sounded like the torque-converter might not be full yet (air bubbles -- as you posted). Wasn't sure if running it (til warm), then shifting thru gears was the "cure"? But, I found something like that posted on the net for our trannies. (All of this done with the vehicle stationary).

FP can go pretty high w/o issue. Engines have the ability to compensate for significant variance. When FP is too high, the ECM shortenes injector pulse width (PW) to reduce the amount of fuel and bring things back "into spec". When it's too low, the engine won't run right because you've have a lean condition -- whose symptoms would present much differently in my mind. Missing/bucking engine isn't the same as a transmission with shifting issues. Someone without knowledge of either might not know -- but anyone willing to swap trans sensors themselves seems to savvy to mistake the two.

AutoZone lends FP testers -- so you really didn't need to buy anything
I tested the fuel pressure, and it was indeed low. Swapped out the fuel filter and all was correct again. You are correct that I didn’t “need” to buy anything. But now I have one