Went for a short trip yesterday, got me home with no issues. I was going to drive it work that same morning. Backed out of the driveway and got a metal on metal squeal from the front end. Not sure what side. I took the wife’s car to work instead. Today after work I took another look at it. At first I thought it may be a break caliper sticking. Still not sure what side. I will have to lift the front end and remove wheels to do more diagnostic measures.

1) It seems to be worse when turning.
2) It is not smooth, more of a pulse that changes proportionally with speed.
3) Applying the breaks seems to do nothing to change it.

So, I either have a completely frozen caliper. Possible as I had to unstick the front passenger side when I purchased the VX. Or, I may have a bad wheel bearing. Damn it.... This VX is going to be the death of me yet.

Anyway, I wont be able to start pulling stuff apart until this weekend. Fingers crossed it will be an easy fix, but nothing on this VX has ever been easy.

The plan: Jack up and pull one wheel at a time. Rotate the hub to see which one (or multiple) are dragging/grinding. Remove the break caliper of the offending wheel. Rotate the hub again to see if it still grinds. If it does, I need a wheel bearing.

I may have been mistaken in purchasing this particular VX... just a thought ...