Just to clear up what could be confusing after looking through my build log.

On 09 November 2018 I replaced my TPS with a second new one. This did NOT fix my issue so I kept my "first new purchase" TPS in a box.

On 31 December 2018 I replaced my TPS again. I put my "first new purchase" TPS back in the VX. My "second new TPS" went bad after less than two months. The TPS I put back into the VX was originally purchased and installed on 15 JUNE 2018.

I have done so much work, and repeated so much work on this VX, it is getting hard to keep it all sorted, which is really the purpose of this thread. For my own sanity really.

Looking at my build/repair log, it would appear that July of 2018 was the only month nothing went wrong with the VX. Hooray! Sort of. I really want to do longer trips with it, but I just can't seem to make it reliable enough. I really don't trust that it won't break at the worst possible time, when I am the most remote, making recovering it that much harder. I really don't trust this VX, not yet anyway.

Still not sure what to do about the repeated failures of MAF and TPS sensors. Pull the entire wiring harness and rebuild/replace it? That may help, it may not. Probably won't hurt it any, but I really am getting tired of doing extra work on this thing for no reason. Perhaps when the weather warms up I can take a few days off work and start pulling wiring harnesses one at a time and check them out for cracks, damage, bad connectors, that sort of thing. Tedious work to say the least.