Another update:

So far the paint is exceeding expectations. It even survived a trip through a car wash. The real test will be scratched from brush and the summer heat. I am confident that it will hold up, but of course I will still keep an eye it.

I completed my rear seat delete today by removing the rear seatbelts. They are actually is very good shape. I wonder if I can use them to replace the front ones since they have gotten weak over time? Probably not, but I will look into it.

While I was in there, I discovered that the speaker mount is actually a thin metal bracket that just screws to the inside of the body. This is actually a good thing! I am thinking I will start working on a small speaker box to replace the metal mount to try to improve the sound of the rear speakers. Maybe. It’s not a high priority issue so it may or not happen anytime soon, but something worth keeping an eye for.

I also found around 50 or so walnuts and a large ball of carpet padding behind the interior cladding. After talking to the previous owner, apparently there is a walnut tree across the street where the VX sat while it was waiting for me. I hate squirrels LOL! Not of the wiring was damaged, thankfully, but there was a lot of vacuuming to do. They left some other little “surprises” for me as well.

Over all, a good day. Now that the seatbelts are out, I can start working on building the cargo/storage system for the rear area. I am thinking a drawer style fridge will work better than a typical cooler style. I have most of the supplies I need to frame it out in angle steel. I still need to do some more shopping.

I think the project may be getting back on track. Provided nothing else brakes in the meantime.