Thread: chrome mirror cover installation help!

Angry chrome mirror cover installation help!

after i install the cover, my mirrior can't be fold back to the original position, i find there're three screws under the mirror turing axis, i'm wondering if i can change the mirror fold angle by ajusting the screws?

fishookmaui, did u have the same problem when u install the mirror cover?

thx

no,i did not encounter any problem after installing the cover..did you apply the cover while the mirror housing was folded,if this is the case you may have overdone it or applied the cover to far in.make an attempt to re-apply the cover w/ the mirrow housing in the original postion...e -mail me if you have any further question(s).
    Rejoice o' young man in thy youth

yes, i was trying to apply the cover when the window housing is folded, it works fine for the passenger side mirror when i fold it back, but i think since the angles for the two mirrors are different, the driver side of the cover is kinda overdone. i'm afraid if i apply the driver side of the mirror when the mirror is in its original housing, is it robust enough? it doesn;t look like it fits well if that way.

Angry mirror housing help!

can we change the factory mirror housing position? drive side and passenger side.

i'm having problem applying the chrome cover, passenger side ok, but driver side can't fit right because of the folding angle.

anyone knows?

thx a bunch.

>>> I merged the thread as the two threads were of the same topic.. Please try not to ask the same question more than once., just bump the thread if need be.... WSG
    Last edited by Moncha : 12/20/2003 at 08:52 PM

The driver's side mirror is set at a 15 degree angle and the pass side at a 29 degree angle - there is no way to change or adjust the setting of the mirror head via the three screws on the bottom - other than to move it to the "tucked" position.

Your mirror covers were actually made for the Rodeo/Passport. These mirrors are made by Ichikoh in Shelbyville, KY. The VX mirrors are made by a Japenese company. Although they look identical, the VX mirrors are slightly (and I do mean slightly) smaller, the mounts are different, and the internal workings are different (which is interesting, since I was told by the guy who did the tooling on the Rodeo mirrors that Isuzu probably spent $60,000 on tooling to "recreate" the Rodeo mirror with a Japanese supplier for the very limited production VX). Your mirror cover is going to be slightly oversized, but shouldn't be noticeable unless you're looking for it. I would think that if you installed the cover while the mirror was in the normal (non-tucked) position, you should not have a problem with the mirror folding. The primary difference in the mirrors is in height - the width is almost identical.

thx Thomas,

the mirror cover i have is made from Taiwan, it has no screw holes, all u need is the double side tape in order to put it on, the passenger side is very nicely fit, yes, they are made for rodeo, i think the mirror on rodeo is not so deeply enbedded as those on our VX, so even the rodeo also has different angle for the mirror, it won;t have any problem.

Anyway, i'm wondering if i'm going to cut a little on the side if there's no way to change the factory default angle.