Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HOT new Isuzu Hummer

from some previous statements i sense an underlying tone of stereotyping and racism. even tho most of you would probably say that it's not your intention, however, being an anthropology major...yea. straight up racist comments right there. i find it extremely disrespectful and i think adults like you guys should think before you speak because what you might think sounds funny, definately is not to others.

i hope this doesnt spark any huge arguments, that's not what i want. howeveri just want to bring to your attention what you might not have intentionally meant. another fact is, it's human nature to be racist and prejudice towards others, although most feelings are kept deep inside and not shown. you can see from people's actions and speech that it is evident with everyone. especially with languauge. some of the comments above can attest to this. i dont want to write another term paper about this so i'll cut it short. i just feel that since everyone is an adult, im probably the youngest here, we should all think before we type something out that might offend others. even tho there's free speech. it's still not morally proper. anyways, enough said.
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

Originally posted by hchen
    from some previous statements i sense an underlying tone of stereotyping and racism.
    I thought you were serious until I read your signature line! You did have a good point though.
    Canadian VXer!

Dood, for writing a paper on the subject, you made a pretty uninformed statement. Gangstas and pimps are a fact, and just stating things they do and have done isn't racists. In fact, this is from YOUR SoundClick site written by one of your songs (Keepin' it Real):

Originally posted by hchen
    dedicated to my triad boys in taiwan, REAL gangstes. not the fake fools who try to act like 50 or wahtever

DONT try to act gangsta if youre not 'cause you just look straight up stupid. DONT write about being gangsta if youre not 'cause then you just straight up making yourself look like a dumbass. dedicated to my Traid boys back in Taiwan...now they are REAL thugs. they so ****** hardcore they'd take out any "gangsta" here in the states
    We ALL (or many, I guess) know that you do NOT have to be black or Asian to be in a gang... although not as "hardcore" as your Taiwan-ian "gangsta" friends, my stepbrother and stepsister went to school in Houston, TX with a pretty tough crowd, and believe me when I say the "gangs" were made up of ALL races and sexes.

So, before you come in here acting all PC, make sure you aren't only being hypocritical, but just plain wrong.

Talking Not Bad...

...I like it, I only wish my VX could last forever , but it's good to know there are plenty of cool ideas cooking for future vehicles. Those two tone tires are SWEET I'd buy those tires in a heartbeat Sure the Hummers are cool, but the VX is icy baby .
    NAVIGATOR

Unhappy Bits and Pieces

Wow, I won't be in the market for another vehicle for many, many moons... However, if I could take bits and pieces, I would take the tires, and the seats, and maybe have someone custom fab new seats for the rear of my vx, or just take them out.... I will have to figure out if the seats and the tires would fit my vx, I could go with a new interior facelift

Cool Stuff!!!
    -The Rave-
    North Carolina

Hmmm... Tires are cool, seats interesting, but an S-10 on bad steroids I'll pass. The H2 Hummified Sierra was bad enough, every freakin' parking lot around my neck of the woods has as least ten. Haven't seen a one off road yet! Now, there are some good ole boys locally that have H1s that get off-roaded regulary and have been through about 3 engines and 2 drivetraines each. Yeah, they run 'em hard apparently.

I just wish Isuzu could cut the strings to GM and return to the US market with some concentrated focus. When I first started my relationship with Isuzu they had one vehicle for each market: 1 sports coupe (Impulse), 1 sedan (I-Mark), 1 truck (P'up) and 1 utility (Trooper). After getting beat up in the Geo deal with GM they stuck with what they knew and produced best: Trucks. As a former Impulse owner I thought they did a great job with the cars and appreciated the fact they were open to outside help such as Italian design (Italdesign) and European suspension (Lotus). Seeing pictures of the MultiCROSS while at the dealer back in the 80's got me interested in the Trooper and the introduction of the Trooper RS in '89 sealed the deal.

But, as we all know, Isuzu's barometer of American market trends has been sketchy at best. And their marketing only had brief shining moments behind the dark clouds of uncertainty. Now the Trooper is gone from our shores and the unholy alliance with GM continues. Isuzu should return to building their own vehicles using the international flavor that garnered them fame for breaking the mold initially. Could you imagine an Isuzu SUV with the design of the VX, the size of the Axiom, the utility of the Trooper and powered by one of their larger intercooled turbo diesels?

Now that, my friends, would rock!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Originally posted by Joe_Black
    Hmmm... Tires are cool, seats interesting, but an S-10 on bad steroids I'll pass.

No you misunderstood. You've got it all backwards. It's not an Isuzu with the guts of a GM, it's a GM with the guts of an Isuzu! The best of both worlds. Nice tight handling, great quality, and serious engineering, with the supercool styling of the Hummer!

Question

Okay, went back and re-read the article you linked to and didn't see squat mentioned about Isuzu. Engine based on the Vortec and GM mid-sized truck chassis used, no Isuzu. What's Isuzu in it?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/video_g...y.php?id=41042

Hummer H3

The original 'civilian' version H1 Hummer was a huge success for Hummer in the United States. Meanwhile, last year's H2 is the cult-car in the U.S., leaving all other SUVs in the dust. No wonder, then, that Hummer wants to ride that wave as long as it is rolling!

The new model, the 'baby' Hummer, will be a downsized H2 based on the future Chevrolet Colorado and Isuzu D Max platform. Still featuring the original H1's boxy military look, the new H3, the last model range to be introduced by GM's family member, will be much more of a regular off-road car than its two bigger brothers. It will be powered by a 4.3-litre straight-six delivering some 260 HP, and GM says it can produce 100,000 units per year with the vehicles starting in the $30,000 range. This price would make it some 50,000 Dollars cheaper than the H2 and even 75,000 Dollars cheaper than the original military-orientated H1. The new H3 will be built in Shreveport, Louisiana, and should be ready for the 2005 model year. @Automedia

Isn't that Isuzu just a rebadged GM product like the Ascender and the last Isuzu pickup? If so, saying that the new Hummer is based on an Isuzu is quite a stretch, isn't it?

Originally posted by Raque Thomas
    Isn't that Isuzu just a rebadged GM product like the Ascender and the last Isuzu pickup? If so, saying that the new Hummer is based on an Isuzu is quite a stretch, isn't it?
    No. It was developed by Isuzu and all you have to do is drive it to believe me. I drove the new Chevy Colorado and it feels almost exactly like my VX with slightly softer suspension settings. Yes, the GM/Isuzu relationship is getting complex with products going both ways, but this one is definitely coming our way. I worked on the Chevy Belair concept car which, believe it or not, was put on the same platform, as it is GM's cheapest and fastest platform (yes internally Isuzu is just considered another division of GM) and it was always referred to as the Isuzu platform in casual conversation. In patriotic middle-America it was considered much more sacreligious to be putting a classic Chevy on a Japanese truck platform, by the way, than you guys think it is to sell GMCs as Isuzus! The Belair wasn't the greatest looking showcar ever made but IMHO this one sure is, and it's actually going into production!