Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My SHOCK debate

Talking Actually...

I am currently doing a Gabriel "experiment" running on their premium heavy duty SUV shocks The original purpose was a bandaid repair while OEM or better shocks could be found. But, dayum if the ride ain't nicer!!! So nice I am replaceing the rears with Gabriels.

Granted my stock OEM shocks WERE shot to he|| (drivers side front busted with oil fully drained out and the other 3 so weak they don't bother to expand when compressed), just about anything new would be an improovement. The loss in dampning ability is so gradual with the OEM stock shocks that over the years I could'nt notice a thing until one OEM completely failed. The OEM rears have been showing their AZZ every since the fronts have been replaced. By that I mean, they act the same, but by comparison feel like crap giving into every contour of the road, with a vengance. The Gabriels give a smooth car like ride, no more bone jarring rattles. Even when I step into the VX, the feel is rock solid. Steering is nimble, the VX drives like new. Bottom line, that bucky board ride is not necessary, it's your shocks crying for attention.

I've tested these on some of the most battered streets in Baltimore A.K.A "B'MOab" , doing my best to proove them worthy or destroy them before the 30 day no questions asked return policy is up. I must say for the money, under $120 to do all four corners, they are doing a fantastic job, the Vx glides and corners sharp as ever.

The Rancho 5000's were my choice, they'll cost you about $10 more each, and should be higher quality components and have cool red boots. I have noticed that most who got the 9000 ajustables set them to MAX anyways. I still may order a set to have on hand, none of the local parts stores had them in stock and I hate waiting for delivery of parts I need NOW.

I'll keep you all posted on how well the Gabriels hold up over time. So far, so good
    Last edited by Navigator : 01/02/2004 at 12:05 PM
    NAVIGATOR