Here is the deal.....I love the fact that our VX's come stock with the remote res. aluminum KYB shocks and love the level of firmness (IMO the firmer the better) , but the early need for replacement and the lack of my dealers ability to diagnos the shocks as being bad is starting to fustrate me. I took my 01' in because I new the left front shock was bad (did the bounce test, was diving and bouncing way too much), to make a long story short, the dealer told me there was nothing wrong, no visible leak, etc. but then I convinced the service tech after having him do the bounce test that it needed replace (it was). Ok, no my rear end is doing the same as the front was, excessive bouncing, terrible on bumps when cornering, etc. and the dealer again says nothing is wrong and the bump test doesnt really help this time (but I know something is wrong with the shocks, I drive the truck 100 miles every day). So they said to bring it back when it gets worse, but it really sucks driving it this way.

So, even though I like the stock shocks, I have only 10,000 miles left on factory warranty and like 7 months left, and if these things are gonna fail again, I might as well get some good aftermarket replacements.

What does everyone recommend? I tried one front Rancho 9000 when my left front was bad, but the firmest 9 setting wasnt as firm as the stock shocks.

I've been looking at Bilstein 5150 shocks, the new ones with the remote res. just like out stockers, anyone have experience with them?

I'm not sure what to do, keep bugging the dealer and wasting my time, or get some replacements (but I'm not sure what will be as good)!